Reese Goose Box?

bwdt

Does anyone have one of these on their trailer?
If so how do you like it?

I talked with Lippert.
They have no issues using this on their trailers and will fully cover it for warranty purposes. That being said, they will not warranty their pin boxes if used with an adapter, including the Anderson hitch adapters. They also said that they get several calls a week about the Reese box, and that they like the unit mainly because of the air bag.

Does anyone know what pin box is used on a 39MB Bighorn Traveler? I'm trying to get an ideal as to which one I should purchase if I do. I also have found it difficult to get any reviews other than the reviews on the Reese site and on E-trailers site.

porthole

Retired
There is some info here on my Reese Goosebox expeierence.

And if you really want one, I have a new, 20,000 pound Reese Goosebox with hardware (uninstalled) that I will not be putting on our trailer due to the weight rating. But, you are a bit far away :rolleyes:

The Goosebox I will be selling is not the same unit in the linked post.

bwdt

Thanks for the links, I read through everything I could find and it looks like people who have it like it. Did you ever resolve your issues? Was it hitting the bed rails on the truck? Why are you selling?

I'm picking up my new trailer in Ohio mid April. PM me with how much you are asking, I might be interested.

porthole

Retired
1) Did you ever resolve your issues?

2) Was it hitting the bed rails on the truck?

3) Why are you selling?

I'm picking up my new trailer in Ohio mid April. PM me with how much you are asking, I might be interested.

1) The new hitch in my garage is a replacement for the hitch I had problems with.

2) The hitch does not hit bed rails. The back of the trailer's pin box frame hits the rails for my roll top cover. The rails extend over the bed about 3", enough to be a concern with pin box frame

3) Next trailer exceeds the 20K Goosebox weight rating.