Fried Circuit Board Fridge?

caokgafamily

We had some electrical problems back on Memorial weekend. We had to replace the micro & converter, I think we had a power surge. Everything got fixed I assumed. We finally got out again and noticed that the fridge would only work on the gas selection. I guess a power surge can also fry the electrical side of the fridge? Is there a circuit board ? Has anybody ever had this same problem? Thanks for the input.

Steve:confused:

jbeletti

Steve,

There is a control board in the refers. I think they are behind the switches on the front of the unit. Not sure if the refer has to be pulled to replace the board or not.

Your Dometic refer is warranted by Dometic for I believe, 3-years. Give them a call at 800-544-4881. Whether they warrant them against power surges, I do not know.

Let us know how you come out after you make the call.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It may be a hassle but in some instances the local power company will reimburse for damages caused by power surges. So also may the RV park, home owners insurance, RV insurance etc. FYI

Forrest Fetherolf

We had some electrical problems back on Memorial weekend. We had to replace the micro & converter, I think we had a power surge. Everything got fixed I assumed. We finally got out again and noticed that the fridge would only work on the gas selection. I guess a power surge can also fry the electrical side of the fridge? Is there a circuit board ? Has anybody ever had this same problem? Thanks for the input.

Steve,

Check the fuses in refrig access panel...........
upper in-line fuse = icemaker,
lower in-line refrig cooling fans,
2 - fuses in green circuit board panel = refrig fuses.

Attachments

• REFRIG_FUSES004.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES004.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 48
  • REFRIG_FUSES002.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES002.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 52
  • REFRIG_FUSES003.JPG
    REFRIG_FUSES003.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 52

caokgafamily

Forrest,

Thanks, I will check that out and post my findings. This forum is great because of people like you!!:)

Steve

geeksrus

Once you get all the electronics fixed, I suggest you invest in a power protection unit like a SurgeGuard or SmartSurge... good 'insurance' to avoid what you are currently going through.

EH!

caokgafamily

I had a bad circuit board fuse. I replaced the fuse, now the fridge will only cool down a little bit. After 10 hrs on the ac select you could hardly tell it was working. Does anybody have any other ideas. It works great on propane.
Thanks...

snuffy

I had a bad circuit board fuse. I replaced the fuse, now the fridge will only cool down a little bit. After 10 hrs on the ac select you could hardly tell it was working. Does anybody have any other ideas. It works great on propane.
Thanks...

If it blew the fuse, the surge probably damaged the board, but like Jim said, give Dometic a call.