Delam starting

Bigelk

Hello all, anyone out there had any delam issues on a 2016 TQ291 toyhauler ? Have three bubbles and Heartland refuses to fix them.

danemayer

Hi Bigelk,

Delamination is usually caused by water intrusion. You should carefully examine the sealants and caulking on the roof, around vents, skylights, fan covers, ladder, etc. Also check around light fixtures and cap seams. Water can take unpredictable paths, so don't just look near the bubbles.

Bigelk

Hello, yes , first this trailer is a 2016 and spends most of its time in a fully enclosed garage. Next, the bubbles are not near any windows but in the middle of a side wall. I contacted Heartland and told them my trailer is in the shop for tire blow out (tomax) damage and showed the shop the bubbles they agreed this is not a water issue. They inspected it and so did I and can find no leaking anywhere. We sent 21 pictures to Heartland and they said that the roof was not maintained . I do not believe they can tell anything from the pictures, I was born at night but not last night. My first contact with them they acted as if they would help me then back tracked. The shop talked with them also and told them my trailer was tightly sealed. So don,t believe its water, leaning towards bad process of that wall. Any way now I am fighting with the shop on another issue as well as poor repair on my trailer! LOL ! I just can,t win with this trailer, I am going to fix the fix myself. No pride anymore in fixing stuff. Still fighting with Camping world also on my tire issues. Thanks for the reply and stay safe out there.

Bigelk

I did as soon as I got home. put 14 plys on it at 1800 dollars. I believe Camping world switched them out but they totally deny it. I got 665 dollars from the the tire company and trying to get camping world to cover the balance, but of course they blame Heartland. The rv industry is a joke, no integrity or willingness to back their products or service. Very frustrating. I will say, they cover some stuff ! or maybe depending on their mood.

porthole

Retired
Hello all, anyone out there had any delam issues on a 2016 TQ291 toyhauler ? Have three bubbles and Heartland refuses to fix them.

Stress, poor layup and damage allowing water intrusion are usually the causes of fiberglass delamination, and on a boat you can add osmosis for hulls that are submersed in water full time. Contrary to popular belief, fiberglass is not 100% waterproof.

If you have no damage, nor suspect any stress then the layup is most likely the culprit. Even windows that are nearby that may be leaking should not cause delam if the layup is done correctly and with the proper materials.

Bigelk

Yes, I believe it was strictly the process as the bubbles are in the middle of the wall panel about halfway down. Like I said earlier I have checked the windows, roof and every other spot that could leak. If and that's a big if there is some kind of leak on the roof again that would be the factories issue when applied. I reported and irregular roof when I got this home, but both camping world here told me it didn,t appear to be an issue right now and said Heartland would place the info in my file for any future issues.

Bigelk

LOL ! you are correct I am pursuing several different avenues... Hate to do that but we have to hold this industry accountable as we spend thousands on these RV's and they either need to change their building quality or back their products...but something needs to be done.