Rear/Side walls separating Sundance

I have a 2010 Sundance 2900MK. Just noticed the rear/side walls (drivers side) is separating. How are these wall panels fastened together. Suggestions for fixing?

danemayer

Hi SundanceDean,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure someone will have some advice for you shortly.

Mike, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, neither thread helps. My wall frames are separating at the rear corner. It's a structural problem. I need to know how the wall panels were fastened together during manufacturing so I can figure out how to repair.

Thanks again,
Dean

danemayer

Mike, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, neither thread helps. My wall frames are separating at the rear corner. It's a structural problem. I need to know how the wall panels were fastened together during manufacturing so I can figure out how to repair.

Thanks again,
Dean
Dean,

I'm not certain what exactly you mean by "wall frames are separating at the rear corner", but the likely cause is similar to what's shown in the first linked thread. It has a number of pictures showing the structure under the rear panel. Link. I would think you'll be taking the rear panel off to expose likely water damage, and you'll probably have some rotted wood to replace. The joining of side to rear will probably be clear at that point.