New switch

Flooringit

I am gonna be at this rv Park for awhile. It has a 50/30/20 amp at the pole. I am wanting to add a 30 plug to outside and have it run the ac in the garage that way I can run all 3 same time. I have a switch now that alternates front and back running only 2. I have the knowledge how to wire up the 30 to a panel and the panel to ac. But I have no idea if there’s a way to put in a switch to continue to run all 3 or should I just make 3 separate switches. I don’t like this toggle switch deal anyway

hoefler

Keep in mind that you may over load the pedestal. Just because the outlet is there, doesn't mean the capacity is there. Chances are there is a total of 50-60 amps available for the pedestal, which means you could pop the breaker feeding the pedestal.

Flooringit

When looking at the pedestal I noticed there was a breaker for all 3 plugs. I was thinking they would all be ran separate. From everything I’ve read 50 amp can run all 3 at same time but not start all 3 at same time.

hoefler

Yes there is a breaker for each outlet, but the feed to the pedastal has a breaker on it from the main power distribution panel, usualy a 50 or 60 amp breaker on it.