Awning Problem

My new Sundance has a problem,when I open the entrance door it rubs on underside of the power awning, my dealer tells me the only answer is to put a wheel on the top of the door, I believe this will leave a mark on the awning, this is a brand new unit and I think that Heartland should come up with a better solution, any suggestions??:(

bgscott

I have a sundance with a power awning and there is at least 6" clearance between the door and the awning. It sounds like your awning was installed to low.

azbound

I have a BH and agree with all above. I have at least 6 inch's of clearance. You awning was mounted to low, this is a warranty issue and you should be expected to except anything less than correcting the problem. This is one of my pet peeves, You have a great company and a less than adequate dealer. If necessary I would contact Heartland directly about the awning and lodge a complaint about the dealer support if the dealer refuses to to fix the problem to your satisfaction.

Keep us posted......Good Luck

Dave

Traveling Two
awning

We have a Sundance 3300SK and theres plenty of room between the door and awning.