A Heartfelt Thank You

Rob63

I haven't been here in a long time but when I first bought my 2014 Trail Runner 27RKS, I was here often trying to soak up as much information and knowledge as I could. So today is bittersweet for me. I have to say Happy Trails to the Heartland community. Earlier today, I traded in my Trail Runner for a Forest River Salem Hemisphere 5th Wheel, Model 286RL. I would have liked to stay with the Heartland brand but the 5th Wheels are just too heavy for my truck so I had to do what I had to do. A huge Thank you to all that helped me become a Seasoned Camper! I learned a lot. Now my wife and I are both retired so we wanted a better tow experience for the longer trips. Best wishes to all!
Rob

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I haven't been here in a long time but when I first bought my 2014 Trail Runner 27RKS, I was here often trying to soak up as much information and knowledge as I could. So today is bittersweet for me. I have to say Happy Trails to the Heartland community. Earlier today, I traded in my Trail Runner for a Forest River Salem Hemisphere 5th Wheel, Model 286RL. I would have liked to stay with the Heartland brand but the 5th Wheels are just too heavy for my truck so I had to do what I had to do. A huge Thank you to all that helped me become a Seasoned Camper! I learned a lot. Now my wife and I are both retired so we wanted a better tow experience for the longer trips. Best wishes to all!
Rob

You can still visit the forum even though you don't own a Heartland. Safe travels! Wish you the best of luck, Hopefully, you did the math yourself and did not trust a salesman to tell you your truck can tow what you purchased. Looks like your Salem has a GVWR of 10,585, which likely needs a 250/2500 truck. Visit www.RVtowcheck.com and download the app, or visit www.fifthwheelst.com for more info. (I don't get any monetary benefit, I just recommend it because it's a great site!)

Erika

'Lil Guy'

You should have looked at the Elkridge E289. We loved it and wish I had of stayed with it. Anyway, congrats and don't be a stranger to the site.

Rob63

You can still visit the forum even though you don't own a Heartland. Safe travels! Wish you the best of luck, Hopefully, you did the math yourself and did not trust a salesman to tell you your truck can tow what you purchased. Looks like your Salem has a GVWR of 10,585, which likely needs a 250/2500 truck. Visit www.RVtowcheck.com and download the app, or visit www.fifthwheelst.com for more info. (I don't get any monetary benefit, I just recommend it because it's a great site!)

Erika

TravelTiger, I have a Chevy 2500HD and I'll be below the Chevy's ratings for the 5th wheel I purchased. It's just my wife and I so we don't travel with a lot of extra "stuff". Believe me, we did a lot of searching and math to narrow things down to what would work. Thanks for responding!

- - - Updated - - -

You should have looked at the Elkridge E289. We loved it and wish I had of stayed with it. Anyway, congrats and don't be a stranger to the site.

Thanks Lil Guy. I ended up buying at the same dealer where I bought the Trail Runner. It's a small dealership and the owner gave me more for the Trail Runner in trade and took more off the Salem Hemisphere than any other dealer did. It wasn't even close! How some of these dealerships do business makes me sick. They remind me of the sleazy used car salesmen from when I was a teenager. "Oh there's these fees we forgot to mention", "You only get this interest rate if you finance with us", "Here's a deal for you. How does a $1,000 off the sticker sound?"

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck Rob.

Thanks danemayer. I appreciate it

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
TravelTiger, I have a Chevy 2500HD and I'll be below the Chevy's ratings for the 5th wheel I purchased. It's just my wife and I so we don't travel with a lot of extra "stuff". Believe me, we did a lot of searching and math to narrow things down to what would work. Thanks for responding!

Ok, glad to hear! I do truly wish you the best. I wish everyone to be safe in their trailer choice. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk