First trip in our first TT

BrannonB

Even though the last post here was in 2014 I figured this was the correct place.

Well, the first trip is in the books. We stayed at McKinney COE in Actworth Ga. It went pretty uneventful. Arrived Friday afternoon and got set up with no issues at all. My parents which are life long RV’ers went down too. We have done some pretty extensive remodel to their fifth wheel and they needed to do a “dry run” before embarking on a multi-month trip after retirement in 3 weeks.

Friday dinner was cooked on our new stove and I will say that gas cooks WAY faster than electric. Lol

Saturday we went down to Atlanta for some events going on. It started raining while on the way back, but I had already put the awning back up so all was well there.....

We got back and the first thing I seen was some tree limbs and debris had fell out of a tree and landed on and at the steps. Then I was VERY glad we had the awning rolled up. I told my wife it would have been bad to have a huge hole in the awning on the first trip. Later at dinner my dad said that it had got really bad there while we was gone, and a 5’2” tornado came through and touched down at site 81 (my mom is the 5’2” tornado). They said the neighbors were watching them so they explained what they was doing putting tree limbs and debris on the steps. And that it was our first outing so they had to mess with us. The neighbors thought it was a great idea and enjoyed it as well. Lol

DCFBAA91-3793-432E-85C5-C0499A2A74D8.jpg

Saturday and Sunday was spend watching the rain fall and walking a dog that was more interested in all the new smells rather than using the bathroom. The wife was happy because we was able to pick up Law and Order on the OTA channel.

But all in all it was a great time and can’t wait to go again.

DB971A79-5710-4256-9AC1-EE4BAAEB70A4.jpg
4B49F931-B8FE-4816-8BB6-6605EC174DFF.jpg
1A3340A9-6232-47AF-9123-0CA2C187E2BE.jpg
F52CEBFF-AE1A-4DC7-BDA2-C87FEA1DD083.jpg

Kbvols

Sounds like a great time ! Had to laugh about the tornado....I was like a 5' 2" tornado WTH! (Didn't use the F...family forum you know) ha..

We stayed at Payne Campground last year down the road from McKinney we really liked it. My brother lives less than 2 miles from there. I can't wait till it gets warm up here we are so ready to get the camper out and hit the road.

Glad you had a good first outing. Hope you have many many more great camping trips!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Power247

Awesome! Glad you guys had a good first trip out

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

'Lil Guy'

That's what it's all about. Really enjoyed our 1st TT being small enough to enjoy all of the state parks and such. Again, enjoy.