Bunkhouse Heat

klp605

Bunkhouse heating issue RESOLVED! I know there have been many M32 and M33 owners who have the issue of little to no heat blowing in the bunkhouse. Check how long your duct is.

This is the extra duct that was removed on our M32. The furnace is located on the passenger side. The duct came out of the furnace down into the under belly, across to the driver side, and back to the passenger side before turning to go to the bunkhouse. Definitely no need for a space heater any more.

Attachments

• 20180315_123549.jpg
    20180315_123549.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 87
Bunkhouse heating issue RESOLVED! I know there have been many M32 and M33 owners who have the issue of little to no heat blowing in the bunkhouse. Check how long your duct is.

This is the extra duct that was removed on our M32. The furnace is located on the passenger side. The duct came out of the furnace down into the under belly, across to the driver side, and back to the passenger side before turning to go to the bunkhouse. Definitely no need for a space heater any more.

How did you get to the duct work? Was it accessible from underneath or did you have to pull up the floor? I have noticed that our master bathroom becomes a sauna while the kids bunkroom has very little air flow coming through as well as the livingroom isn't where I would like it.

klp605

How did you get to the duct work? Was it accessible from underneath or did you have to pull up the floor? I have noticed that our master bathroom becomes a sauna while the kids bunkroom has very little air flow coming through as well as the livingroom isn't where I would like it.

The bunkhouse and lack of heat has seems to be common. I remember conversations about it in the past. CW fixed ours under warranty. It was accessible from underneath. Had I known the solution earlier, I would have had CW also do the bathroom heat supply. If I can talk my husband into it, we will fix the bathroom duct work and then add another vent to the underbelly.

klp605

The service tech said that the duct was run through the i-beam x-bars (not the exact term he used but I can't remember) to keep it in place. It was an extremely simple, brainless thing to do and unfortunate it wasn't done the correct length at the factory.