Vision Warrior Wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT-3

kf5qby

After only 19k miles the OEM Firestones were down to where they had to be replaced. I decided to go with the Cooper AT3 to give a bit better off-road performance as I do occasionally go play in the dirt. My truck is a Tradesman with the Chrome package. I went ahead and upgraded to aftermarket wheels to lighten the rolling mass just a bit and give it a bit better look. The tires and wheels are the same size as OEM.

Wheels - Vision Warrior 18x8.5 w/8x6.5 bolt pattern. Off set is 18mm (OEM is 30mm) and with the increased wheel width this pushed the edge of the tire just short of 1 inch to the outside vs. the OEM.

Tires - Cooper Discoverer AT-3, 275/70R18 LR:E (Same size as OEM and equivalent to a 33" tire). Best part is they have a 55k mile warranty.

after.jpg
closeup.jpg

The new wheels have less offset than the OEM and the tires poke out slighty beyond the fender.

offset.jpg

The Cooper Discover AT-3 provide a softer ride than the Firestone's do. It is not a lot but it is noticeable. On the surface streets and highways they are quiet and smooth. I have not yet had a chance to play in the dirt. That review will have to wait until later.

kf5qby

Had my first towing session with the Coopers this weekend. They are smooth, quiet and stable pulling my trailer. Look like they are going to be a great tow tire as well.

Sniper

Looking good! In my experience you can't go wrong with Cooper tires. I always change to Cooper when the tires the vehicle came with wear out. :)

Safe travels.