bighorn

jpmorgan37

If you are going to be full timing, I would recommend looking at the Landmark instead. There are a lot of things on the Landmark that are great for full timers, like storage, that you can't have too much of. The Bighorn is a nice rig, but after six months on the road, you will wish you had the Landmark. I've been full timing for a while now and just ordered a Grand Canyon after a lot of looking at different models. I take delivery next month. Good luck and enjoy

unitedman

The walk-in closet isn't very "walk-in" when you get it full of hanging clothes. Also the shelves for clothes on the left side of the closet are hard to get to when the closet is full of clothes. The bedroom drawers are very small and only hold underwear and socks as far as we're concerned. If you buy, make sure you buy from a dealer that will take care of all your problems and make sure you try EVERYTHING before you leave the dealers. We had a leak in the kitchen when using the sewer flush and had to take the closet all apart to fix it. Also our fantastic fan didn't work- the wiring between the fan and the thermostat was pinched and we had to relocate the thermostat. Check the kitchen sink. Ours doesn't drain all the water out and water is sitting in the sink all the time unless you wipe it out by hand. We have had a lot of problems with the toilet. It won't hold water. Have gotten a replacement one and now are gettin a new part to try to fix it. Feel the carpeting on the trap door to the clothes basket. Ours was FULL of staples and I have to put a carpet on top of it to allow us to walk with barefeet. We have made all the repairs ourselves as there is no dealer in our area where we are for the winter and so far the factory won't reimburse us a penny for our time!! We have yet to get a diagram as to how the water valves work and also for the TV. We have asked several times and gotten nothing. The book only shows the connections for the Lankmark which is different than the Bighorn.

Last edited:

timk

I agree about the walk in closet. Its huge but hard to get into. We threw away the mirrored sliding doors and put in accordian doors that pull to each side. That way allmost all of the doorway is open. The little latch that the doors are supposed to latch into is lethal. My wife and I both drew blood on the little bugger. That was the #2 reason the sliding doors had to go. We have had several little problems, all of which were easily repaired, but still for the money the Bighorn does have a lot of features. No they are not perfect, but for equal money and features not too bad in my opinion.
TimK

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
I sure would not change the closet that much. The washer/dryer in the closet could be a problem if the closet is full of clothes. We have one side for me and the other big half for my wife. It is true, you can not get to things behind the clothes as well, but we put stuff that we do not need every day behind the clothes. Things we need more often we put behind shirts and blouses. We do however find the closet cold during cold weather. If I need the closet dooor open a little to plug in my cell phone you well feel the cold air from the closet. Evans & Lana

phranc

We can put 4 of those plastic totes with the flip over lids (bought at Sam's) across the floor of the closet and still have plenty of room for hanging clothes . And the light is a real bonus. Little cubby holes on the sides and a shelf too.
If the drawers were any deeper, then the mattress would have to be shorter .Let's not forget the full extension drawer glides, so you CAN get those socks out .