Coach Movement

JimRohan

I have a 09 3670RL and believe I am having far to much movement on the coach when anyone walks through the unit. I have checked and rechecked the jacks to ensrue they are stable. I have added the tri-pod to the hitch, but still believe there is to much movement. Other than placing more jackstands around the unit, I am at a loss.

Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have never been able to completely remove the bounce or movement from our trailer. We even use the little aluminum camper jacks fore and aft of the axles on the frame. There are many threads discussing this subject. Try doing a search using stabilizers for a keyword. The J.T. Stabilizers are probably the most suggested way to eliminate movement.

boatdoc

We have the same trailer and the Ultra Fab strongarms improved the bounce to almost nothing. Do a search on our forum here and you'll find pics and comments.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
We have the 3670 also and we had the JT's strongarm stablizers put on and they tokk almost all the movement out, Like Ray said, I have never been able to get all of it out.
Good luck on what ever you do.
Bill

Delaine and Lindy

I have never been able to remove all the movement from the 5th wheels. We have king pin support and Roto choks didn't help but very little they are now hanging in our storage building collecting dust. The only thing I found was a screw type jack stand a placed it in front of the front axle. However we now have a 5th wheel that has 6 hydraulic jacks. The front and rear jacks stablize the set just in front of the front axle is used for side to side leveling takes a lot of weight off the tires so we now have very little movement. Good Luck with your mods.. GBY.....

Shadowchek

I would imagine as long as you have the tires taking part of the weight there will be movement. I will probably go with the jt's and rotolocks then call it good.

wshamby01

JT Strongarms all the way. Reduced my movement almost completely. If the kid are jumping up and down I can feel it but that is about it. Before I got them I could feel someone rolling over in the bed in the back bedroom.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Plug It Right Stabilizers

I have stabliizers as well, and they are great. They are not the JT Strongarms, but are Plug It Right Stabilizers. I believe that they were about $100 less than the JTs, but work equally well. Dutch and Diana were very good to work with. Dutch even installed mine as he was in the area and did a great job. The website, if you are interested is...

http://hstrial-dirrgang.homestead.com

Of course, there may be slight movement midcoach as you are on tires and springs, but these certainly removed almost all of the front and rear movement.

jpmorgan37

If you have a Trailaire hitch or similar with the air bag, a king pin bi pod or tri pod is of no value, because it will bounce on the air bag. As long as you allow movement of the springs and tires, the coach will shake. Roto Choks will help, but the triangulation from the JT Strongarms or the Plug it Right Stabilizers will take out most of the movement. This will be the best that you can do other than jacking the trailer up and putting it on blocks with the wheels off of the ground. I bought my JT's here. Hope this helps,

John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Per JimBo, I purchased the rotochocks and the JT Strongarms, which my friend Forrest (Santa Claus) installed for me in Las Vegas. The only problem is there is no frame or metal to attach them to in the rear. So most of the movement in the bedroom is gone from the front installation, but we still have some movement (I walk hard) in the living room. I am calling Lippert to see if they will send a bar to put in the rear to attach the Strongarms to for better stability.

boatdoc

Hey Guys, Go to Linuxkidd's posts on the install. That's what I did and all came out great on the rears. He has pics and explanations about the JT'S. His post's were back in Feb.

jimtoo

Here is link to post referenced above by boatdoc.

Starts about 3rd post down on page. Good info.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=4694

jbeletti

boatdoc,

When you want to place a link in a post, first, navigate to the page that you want to link to. Copy (Edit Copy or Control-C) the URL from the address bar of your browser.

Then, on the forum, click Post Reply. Type out your message, Then highlight the word or words you want the link to be on. With it highlighted, click the blue World (Insert Link) icon with the link on it. A pop-up box will come up. In that box, Paste (Edit Paste or Control-V) and click OK. Then submit your post.

Try it.

Jim

The Insert Link icon:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>//heartlandowners.org/images/editor/createlink.gif
</td> </tr></tbody></table>