Retirement

snuffy

I have started my countdown timer to retirement and it stands at 326 days, 21 hours, and 39 minutes. Although I'll only be 58, 40 years is about all I can take. I hope the election will not affect the market negatively.
Now if my wife can just sell her big house in Atlanta, all will be well.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Congrats. Retired 3-1/2 years ago at 40......... got bored and started another business a few years later LOL

The difference now is I have the luxury to work whenever I want too, as hard as I want too and take off as much time as I want too...... and nobody can tell me otherwise:p:D

Tom of Ypsi

BOW WOW. Like being called a "lucky dog" better than a "working stiff" Enoy life no matter what you are doing.

mike3fan

9,125 days 12hrs and 46 mins.......if there is even such a thing as retirement then...............:eek:

bigredtruck

I'm a little closer than that - about 5840 days (taking out weekends and vacation), although I may have to continue to keep paying for the new Cyclone!!!

deee2

DH retired at 62 last October 30th. :) I quit about the same time, but a sign my DIL gave me says it all:

A RETIRED HUSBAND IS A WIFE'S FULL TIME JOB!

LOL

Donna :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have been retired for two weeks as of today and here I sitting on the shores of lake Superior, having a cocktail sitting by a roaring campfire and reading The Heartland Owners Forum on my cel phone. Retirement can't get much better than this. You are a short timer now . Peace Dave

azbound

9/23/05 was my day of freedom. DW retired or stopped working anyway 8 years ago. I got to tell there is a lot to said for getting up with no plans in the morning and ending the day in an other state.

creeper

Retired June 2006 at age 45. The only problem is that the wife is 39 and some years from retirement.

IF all the saving and investments go according to plan, then she will be able to retire in about 10 years, then we plan about 8 months out of the year traveling.

holstin

retireing soon

I will be retiring as soon as my house sells. That or May 26th of 2009 which ever one comes first. I have been planning this since I was a kid and saved every last dime I could and always told myself I would retire before I turn 43. Thus I must retire on the 26th of may since I turn 43 on the 27th. Cant wait to see all you wonderful people on the road when i get there.

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
Donna,
Hey it's Henny and kevin in Susanville. How was your trip.Did you come thru Susanville on your way Home? Next time your in the area give us a ring we have a spot for you. We are in the trees above the golf course. we have ten acres up here so there is plenty of room.

beardedone

Beardedone
I retired at 51, about 12 years ago, and have just worked to have fun at different jobs. I went back to the old outfit for a while and worked out of my house at my leisure. Tried something really different after that to make some toy money. At 60 went to northern BC, the Yukon and Alaska for 4 months. Came home and now I am back with my original outfit again and still working out of the house about 1/3 time but I get to schedule everything. This all leads up to super flexibility. I go where I want when I want and still get paid for doing something I like, so it is the best of both worlds. Retirement certainly is great as long as you can do it your own wayl

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Retired Aug 1st 2008 waiting to make sure,no prob with check deposit and then,SEE YA! on the road. TRAVELER07

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I retired on April 1, 2007 at 62. I use a count down clock on my office computer for he last 6 months.

Glad I retired when I did. My company was bought out and changed. My fellow employees are not happy and want to retire or quit.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Retiring Sept 30th (16 days). 20 Yrs USArmry, 21 Yrs FAA. Looking forward to semi-fulltiming.:)

30 Sept is my day also. I spent 21 yrs in Army NG and I've worked for the Dept of the Army for the last 25 yrs as Civilian. Time to call it quits. Going out for 45 days on 5 Oct. really looking forward to it.

Bill