Brakes - Electric or Electric Over Hydraulic disc brakes (EOH)

jbhd

Hello heartland people,
Can you tell me :confused:what braking system are on the Cyclones? Are they electric or electric over Hydraulic. I'm asking this as I've read issues with Chevy & Ford trucks that have the intergrated brake controller(IBC).

I just took deliveryNone on a new Silverado 3500 Duramax Dully with the IBC in preparation of a toy hauler next year.

Thanks
John
boy :D

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Ray's right. They have electric brakes like most everything else.

Only thing I've seen electric over hydraulic on was a $135k Newmar Kountry Aire that has a GVW of 20k and HD equipment trailers.

Can't help ya on IBC other than I had no problems with the one in my '06 F350 before I traded it on the Dodge I have now. ill say I liked it a lot better than the Tekonsha Voyager I have now. Will be upgrading that soon.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
pm. those Tekonsha Voyagers are a PITA. It was the first controller I owned and it seems we had to reset it almost every time we towed. Especially if it was damp:eek:. We now have a prodigy and like it very well. Never have to mess with it at all.

Delaine and Lindy

jbhd, first I must tell you the GM 3500's with the Duramax/Allisons is a awesome combo and they are a proven combo. The IBC will work great if you have the electric brakes and I would say thats what you have. We had electric over hydraulic disks brake system installed on another 5th wheel we owned its like night and day difference. We also have electric over hydraulic factory installed on our MS and the IBC didn't work. The dealership installed a Prodigy an it works great. I wanted the Tenkonsha P-3 but they didn't have one in stock. The P-3 works on electric or electric over hydraulic its supposly has a switch. If you do have to change I would go for the P-3 they work great according to others I have talk to. Good Luck and you have a great Truck. GBY.......

jbhd

Hey everyone thanksNone for all your replies. I figured the Cyclones were electric/magnetic but wanted to make sure.

My wife an I within in the past 5-6 weeks decided, let me say, finally decided on a toy hauler. We went back and forth :confused:for about a year... Do we upgrade the Avalanche with 4:10 gears to pull a bigger trailer, Class C???, 5th wheel, back-and-forth. Then, on one of our camping trips we rented an ATV:D with dual seats and went on a 3 hour tour. (This is funny, because we did get caught in a storm :eek: but we were prepared). That's when we decide on a Toy Hauler. To make a loooong story short we found the Heartland brand among others and decided on a 3950 or 3850. The next step was what truck, which ended up to be the 3500 Duramax silverado DRW.

So we plan I purchasing a cyclone a year from now or early 2010. No hurry as our 24' fleetwood travel trailer will be good for another year. Which will be 7 years with this trailer which has been very good to us.

Again, thanks for all your answers and any new post that come in later.

John
Boy:p

RVCamper

We have the P-3, (replaced the dealer installed time delay one .. yuk :() I have pulled our trailer though the smoky mountains, in some pretty nasty rain storms, and have had to make some rapid stops. We give it an A+ :)

The Electric / Hydraulic is a menu selection on the unit