Sewer Hose Storage

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
So, my original complaint was that the sewer hose compartment on our 3950 was a joke. Yes, the light duty, entry level hose fits in the factory compartment, with only one coupling on. However, when you consider that we need to have two hoses if we want to be on full hookups with both bathrooms, we really either have to waste the outside rear storage bin or put them in a box in the storage area.

My solution to the problem is attached. 6" PVC with screw on caps. Not shown are two retention straps/cable for the two caps, should they come undone. Couplings stay on and everything is tucked up under the rig.

Attachments

• IMG_5538.JPG
    IMG_5538.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_5540.JPG
    IMG_5540.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 451

truknutt

Committed Member
... the light duty, entry level hose fits in the factory compartment, with only one coupling on.

We use the entry level hose for dump station stops with short distance runs & store it in the "useless" compartment (guess it's not useless afterall). On the 3210 it's right above the main dump.

We fab'd the same setup for the longer sewer hoses that you have but used perforated PVC with the holes facing the rear so that air can circulate but rain/road water isn't forced in. (I'm not that brainy, pipe was left over from our house build...the holes were just an added benefit!)

In your photos I see a sewer dump located behind the rear-most tire; is this the only dump on the 3950 or is there another one up front? Just wondering...

Dave

PUG

Pug
Saw your solution to sewer hose storage and went to Home Depot and bought two 8 ft, 6 inch sewer pipes, 2 end caps, 2 screw on caps and plumbers tape. Paid about $80 and took about 1 1/2 hrs to install. I put one strap on each end and one in middle tied up to frame with metal screws into frame. I located it against frame member just to the rear of the rear door steps fold in and on the drivers side in about 8 inches from edge of trailer. Can't see at all from door side of trailer and have to bend down and look to see it on off door side. Works great and is holding all of my hoses for both valve stations. Put the Y connector in the black plastic storage box.
thanks for the idea.

geeksrus

So, my original complaint was that the sewer hose compartment on our 3950 was a joke. Yes, the light duty, entry level hose fits in the factory compartment, with only one coupling on. However, when you consider that we need to have two hoses if we want to be on full hookups with both bathrooms, we really either have to waste the outside rear storage bin or put them in a box in the storage area.

My solution to the problem is attached. 6" PVC with screw on caps. Not shown are two retention straps/cable for the two caps, should they come undone. Couplings stay on and everything is tucked up under the rig.

What did you use for the strapping to attach to the bottom of the trailer?

Thanks EH!

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
house50.jpg

The copper strap shown above is what I used for strapping up to the underside of the frame.

jasons09cyclone

just a suggestion about the stock sewer hose compartment to fit a longer sewer hose is to bend the inside of the tube to run along the little compartment area like a slinky being pulled.. this makes it longer and not just stop at the frame of the rig..it took me a while to see that but its stiil to small for the 90.. the tubes are a good idea.. the kind they sell at camping world arn't big enough to have the 90 connector on it.