Use of wasted space

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
I have misc. items that we carry that always get in the way and are hard to put out of the way, yet stay accessable. So my solution was to use the wasted space in the Propane compartments on each side of the rig. The magic of sheetmetal screws, picture/frame hanger brackets, and some velcro straps. The marshmellow sticks stay up out of the way and the rake and shovel now have a home. The rake and shovel are there because I don't like dirty sites and won't leave one for someone else;)

Attachments

• IMG_5542.JPG
    IMG_5542.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5543.JPG
    IMG_5543.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 335

SmokeyBare

FJ,

Good idea for additional storage ! Always nice to have things always in their own space.

Good Job !

Marv

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Great idea FJ. I did a something a bit different. I used metal screening and "closed" in the bottom of the LP compartments with it. It still allows air ventilation but I can store things that I don't use too often. Awning screens, tire covers and such. I didn't take any pictures though.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Ray,

That sounds like a good idea too! How did you secure the screens and what did you use for screen material?

Thanks!

FJ

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray,

That sounds like a good idea too! How did you secure the screens and what did you use for screen material?

Thanks!

FJ
I cut the pieces from 3/8 galvanized wire mesh (chicken wire) and used 3/16 button head pop rivets with washers. I made the pieces big enough to lay in place over the edge of the frame and around the front landing gear legs. I'll take a couple pictures Monday, we're out of town right now.