Heartland Dealer

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I have had some frustration here in Michigan with a lack of Heartland dealers but I heard today that General RV (4 dealerships in Michigan)may begin carrying a larger line of Heartlands. Right now they only carry the Landmark and that only at certain Dealers. The Manager we talked to was not sure of which brands. Hopefully this will make it easier to promote Heartland with a readily accessible dealers in the area.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have had some frustration here in Michigan with a lack of Heartland dealers but I heard today that General RV (4 dealerships in Michigan)may begin carrying a larger line of Heartlands. Right now they only carry the Landmark and that only at certain Dealers. The Manager we talked to was not sure of which brands. Hopefully this will make it easier to promote Heartland with a readily accessible dealers in the area.

Last I knew, International RV near Bay City and Northern Michigan RV in Gaylord still carried Heartland. General RV (Birch Run) is where we bought ours and I still get it serviced there, when needed. The saleswoman we dealt with at General is married to the owner of Northern and works there. I drop in occasionally for accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Not sure how many Heartland lines Lakeshore Rv in Muskegon carries, but there were an awful lot of Rv s there when we bought. I mean a lot. We didn’t look at many when we bought, because we went to see a specific model of SOB. We’d been to all the shows and many local dealers and were planning on that SOB model. We we’re disappointed in it within minutes. April (sales gal) asked if we’d seen the Bighorn. Nope, so we looked and were hooked in minutes. End of story. 😁

I ordered my Big Horn through Lakeshore.
I'm also concerned with lack of dealers.
I hope if I need warranty work I can go to General RV which is 30 miles away, Lakeshore is 200 miles away.
Gary

CoveredWagon

I ordered my Big Horn through Lakeshore.
I'm also concerned with lack of dealers.
I hope if I need warranty work I can go to General RV which is 30 miles away, Lakeshore is 200 miles away.
Gary

ive never taken my Rv to anyone for service but I’d take a chance that Lakeshore would take better care of you and a lot quicker too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
ive never taken my Rv to anyone for service but I’d take a chance that Lakeshore would take better care of you and a lot quicker too.

Since we keep the rig in Indian River all summer, I’ve used Ranch RV in Alanson for some things, too. Like when I schmucked the rolled up awning into a tree backing in. They replaced it onsite, while we were away, and charged less than the insurance pay-out. They carry most parts and accessories, too.

But nearer to home, General has never been a problem since I drop it off before or after our “season,” and they’ve been timely in getting it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

When we were looking to buy, we ended up at Lakeshore in Muskegon. They moved a lot of heartlands. We stopped in to General RV, several years ago and they actually stopped carrying the big horn, and took up carrying grand design. Even though their sign stated they had big horns. Seems as if the sales guy we spoke to said they got a better deal on the GD, so there you go. Then there is Tiara in south bend, which is 5 miles from the factory..they carry everything heartland big horn, big country, gateway, and landmarks.