Bleed the propane line.

CoveredWagon

Is there any way to bleed the propane line to the stove, oven, and/or the furnace? After storage for months it seems to take forever. Once things are going again start up is almost immediate.

Last edited by a moderator:

porthole

Retired
Is there any way to bleed the propane line to the stove, oven, and/or the furnace? After storage for months it seems to take forever. Once things are going again start up is almost immediate.

I just start with the stove burners. Once they are all lit I'll let it burn for a few minutes.

The other items will be left to their own accord. Usually getting the stove burners well purged makes for an easier time with the rest of the propane burners.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I do the same as Duane after the rig sits in storage all winter. Turn on a burner and have a lit lighter next to it to light it rather than cranking the piezo starter. Works pretty fast.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yeah what the others said. Our stove is the last appliance to light so the main has been purged by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoefler

Since I removed our stove top and replaced it with an induction cook top, I just raise the thermostat and let the furnace cycle, it usualy lights by the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Lynn1130

I just start with the stove burners. Once they are all lit I'll let it burn for a few minutes.

I do that with every trip. If not it takes forever to get the fridge to light as well as the oven pilot.