Update for those keeping track

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Well here it is sunday Morning. Those keeping tabs we got our loan. However when we contacted the dealer to give them what I thought was great news they did not seem to be so pleased. In fact since I called them they have sent over the buyers order to the CC union but have not returned any of our calls. The unit should have been there on Thurs or Friday but they say now that the factory is not sure when the unit will be shipped. I think the unit has been shipped but no longer want us as customers. Well I don't CARE. We agreed on a price we put a deposit on a BRAND NEW SPANKING UNIT and I want THAT unit as promised. They have become nothing more than a portal to pick it up. Camping better be what my sleepless nights promise because We have had two houses built and this coach has been more problems than both houses put together. There I feel better now.....what do I owe ya???None

snuffy

Well here it is sunday Morning. Those keeping tabs we got our loan. However when we contacted the dealer to give them what I thought was great news they did not seem to be so pleased. In fact since I called them they have sent over the buyers order to the CC union but have not returned any of our calls. The unit should have been there on Thurs or Friday but they say now that the factory is not sure when the unit will be shipped. I think the unit has been shipped but no longer want us as customers. Well I don't CARE. We agreed on a price we put a deposit on a BRAND NEW SPANKING UNIT and I want THAT unit as promised. They have become nothing more than a portal to pick it up. Camping better be what my sleepless nights promise because We have had two houses built and this coach has been more problems than both houses put together. There I feel better now.....what do I owe ya???None

Sounds like they now are not getting a cut of the loan and they want you to go away. Stick to your guns.
Who is the dealer, if you don't mind, since I'd rather not deal with them in the future?

azbound

How about sharing the name of the dealer, sounds like prospective future buyers need the heads up. I wouldn't hesitate to get Heartland involved if they don't come through.

Jim, is there anything you can do to help? Sound like something that goes with your title.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Guys,

I would be more than happy to disclose this dealer.... I thought about it when someone asked for the name of the dealer. There has been a TON of negative things go really bad in the last few hours. If Jim is ok with me listing the name I will be more than happy to. I know some of you say go somewhere else. Well where else can I go where They are having a hot off the line unit with a two week wait. The dealer told us just a hour ago that our old deal was using them for financing. As of right this minute they are refusing our agreement. They sent the Credit Union a revised buyers order different from our agreement. I WILL NOT GIVE UP it is principal now. You have NEVER NEVER seen rude until today. I DON"T CARE!!!! They are stuck with me until you hear that I have the un it in my posession.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
furthermore buying a coach should NEVER be this stressful. The amount of distrust is a problem. We are relying solely on the quality that all you have shown us as the driving force. You can see we really LOVE this unit. This experience has teached us patience and dillegence. There again I feel better. I bet you all are going to present us with a huge bill when this is overNone

azbound

Have you gone into the Heartland web site and searched for another dealer in your area? I can't remember how many times I have stressed the point that a great company is only half the equation, you also need a good dealer. This dealer appears to be real short on integrity. Even if they cave in and go through with the deal, these are the same people that you will be dealing with on any warranty issues. I'll bet that doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy feeling. I really would look for a better dealer one with integrity and a good reputation.

Good Luck and Good hunting

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
well that is one area that I have to be very careful on.... I seperate the sales and service side. That may be the wrong way to look at it but that is the way I see it. I know first hand that the service side is top notch. It's the sales side that seems to be greedy. I don't really know why I am sticking around I think it's pride. If the dealer wants us gone that bad we must be very close to a great deal. We will be receiveng a Fresh unit that people have not been wondering through. That has to be worth something.

snuffy

So their deal was based on their financing which they can't give you. Is this deal a north ga. dealer or middle ga dealer?

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
yes that seems to be the case. I hope I don't make the admin mad at me but I told the dealer I would name them on the site if they would not work with me. He laughed and said you do what you need to do. So here it is as promised. CampingWorld Snellville GA. However if for some reason they redeem thenselves I will be sure to be fair and send it along.

snuffy

yes that seems to be the case. I hope I don't make the admin mad at me but I told the dealer I would name them on the site if they would not work with me. He laughed and said you do what you need to do. So here it is as promised. CampingWorld Snellville GA. However if for some reason they redeem thenselves I will be sure to be fair and send it along.

That's what I was afraid of. We have been going over there for a while and they just started selling Heartlands a few weeks ago. They were supposed to get us some answers to some questions but have yet to call us back either, and that was two weeks ago. If their service is as bad as their sales, then I'd have to look elsewhere.
So far I am most impressed with rvsforless in Knoxville.
For some reason unknown, the dealer in McDonough has dropped Heartland and that is why Snellville and a dealer in Byron has picked them up.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
well I broke a awning on our friends unit last year. I took the camper to this dealer to have a new one installed. It was TOP OF THE LINE service. I mean complete satisfaction. Great work done on time. Please consider this in your decision. Also understand that I am HUGE on communication which is the root of our problems everything else is coffe house smoke filled crap.:)

driver311

i just dropped a fresh new Oakmont this evening. so it u are looking for a fresh one take a look at this one. rvsforless,net in Knoxville

driver311:):)

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
AS7074, please call me at 574-266-8726, i would like to get some information from you so i have all my ducks when i call them and see why they would not stand behind their word, (this is not like them to walk away from a solid customer) thanks and lets get you into a Sundance - John Leonard Sundance Brand Manager

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
there is still tension between us but nothing bad. I think we are back on track after a shouting match yesterday with the GM. The unit showed up today. Now it's the credit union that needs to come through. So far camping world is coorperating (today).

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Well now it's Wednesday night. Great news as far as the dealer is concerned. I promised that if things began to turn around I would share. The communication has improved 10 fold. The unit is almost ready to go. The second A/C is put in and fuctional. The awning did not work but they had the part overnighted for install tomorrow. How is that for service. Now the part that makes me sick i mean literally is the dealer knows the deal is in trouble with the credit union but still maintain that they will press forward and have it ready as long as they stay in touch with the bank. My wife and I are scrambling to provide anything we can to make the deal stronger. This credit crunch has got the lender very nervous. If any of you happen to be in the banking business please pm me on ways we can impress the bank into buy into us. We already have loans with this credit union. The dealer seemed optimistic today. So the dealer is really impressing me at this point. Isn't that a huge turnaround.