Roof Cleaning Question

BarbandFrank

It seems as though a lot of folks here recommend Dawn dish soap for cleaning a rubber roof. Since we have full body paint on our Landmark, I am trying to avoid using Dawn for fear it may adversely impact the wax/paint job.

Are there any other products that can be used to clean the roof?

Thanks.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
There are but the results will be the same...Soapy residues down the sides which necessitates a complete wash down
I’ve used dawn, mr clean, Murphy’s oil soap, commercial cleaners. All do a good job IMO but the soap residue still prevails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

Dicor used to recommend Dawn for cleaning the roof. Only after many requests for a Dicor branded cleaner did they start marketing their own. Even then only because their was a demand for it, not because there was anything wrong with Dawn.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Dicor used to recommend Dawn for cleaning the roof. Only after many requests for a Dicor branded cleaner did they start marketing their own. Even then only because their was a demand for it, not because there was anything wrong with Dawn.

I use LA Totally Awesome soap from the Dollar Store on the roof. For tough cleaning, a Magic Eraser sponge mop works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk