Lippert Componets Add-Ons

Forrest Fetherolf

I like the understorage bins with the spare tire carrirer.

Bill

I thought the bins were impressive, too........good place to keep the "snakes" (slinky in a plastic bag, power cord), wheel chocks, lego blocks, and hydraulic jack. The more you store behind the wheels, the hitch-pin weight becomes lighter.

Forrest

vangoes

good place to keep the "snakes" (slinky in a plastic bag, power cord), wheel chocks, lego blocks, and hydraulic jack. The more you store behind the wheels, the hitch-pin weight becomes lighter.

Be carefull with shifting too much weight behind the axles..............you will end up with the "tail wagging the dog" and you won't like it going down the road at 65 mph.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I has to get me one of those under chassis tire carrier/storage bin things. That's awesome. I would put it right under my storage area about half way between the landing legs and the steps. I think it will make a nice Christmas present for myself.:D I think I will also replace my steps with the new radius steps. I saw them on a new trailer and was very impressed. Much sturdier step for the big guys.

Forrest Fetherolf

good place to keep the "snakes" (slinky in a plastic bag, power cord), wheel chocks, lego blocks, and hydraulic jack. The more you store behind the wheels, the hitch-pin weight becomes lighter.

Be carefull with shifting too much weight behind the axles..............you will end up with the "tail wagging the dog" and you won't like it going down the road at 65 mph.

Van,
With 2880 lbs of hitch-pin weight.........it could stand to go on a diet, filling the bins would only reduce the hitch-pin weight less than 100 lbs. I have a 5500 Onan in the nose compartment.

Forrest

vangoes

Forrest,
Agreed, your pin weight could stand some diet.............but not everyone has as genset. They are the ones that need to be aware of shifting too much weight aft. Wow......2800+ pin weight!!!

bigredtruck

our cyclone came with! but never thought of putting the 'snakes' in. filled one with water toys for the kids. must reorganize again!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Heck...I don't think we could possibly carry enough electric cords, etc., back there to offset our 4,000lb pin weight!!! What do you guys think??? LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wonder if Lippert would cut us a deal on any of these add ons at the rally in Goshen next year. Either a discount or a free install. Or both would be better yet... I really want the bigger, deeper steps and that underbelly sliding storage thing would be a bonus.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I second Ray's motion. I too like the underbelly drawer thingy madoodle.

Mark