Cabinet doors dont stay open when lifting up.

atckid

We just upgraded to an Elkridge 30rlt form a Mallard M27. In the M27 the cabinet doors that opened "up", (lifting them up to open) would stay open without holding them. The NINE that we have in the Elkridge do not stay open. Did they put on the wrong hinges or is this the way it is in the Elkridge?
Thanks
Sandy

carl.swoyer

We just upgraded to an Elkridge 30rlt form a Mallard M27. In the M27 the cabinet doors that opened "up", (lifting them up to open) would stay open without holding them. The NINE that we have in the Elkridge do not stay open. Did they put on the wrong hinges or is this the way it is in the Elkridge?
Thanks
Sandy
Do you have a pic?... Also, all mine that open up have stainless steel hydraulic pistons that holds them open.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bogie

I had the same issue. My 2011 Sundance had the devices that held up the horizontal doors.

My new 2018 Sundance did not have them. You can get them on Amazon and install them yourself.

Take a look here.

atckid

Thanks for all the answers. It seems like in the M27 the doors didn't have struts. The hinge itself had a "stiff" point where they would stay open. I have a fear that the struts would cause the doors to "pop" open when traveling. To those of you using struts, is that a problem...doors popping open?
Thanks

carl.swoyer

Thanks for all the answers. It seems like in the M27 the doors didn't have struts. The hinge itself had a "stiff" point where they would stay open. I have a fear that the struts would cause the doors to "pop" open when traveling. To those of you using struts, is that a problem...doors popping open?
Thanks
Never had a problem with the door poping open. Just my side by side doors on my pantry. I use a small tie tie

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mark-Roberta 051995

I called Heartland directly as we have 3 over the TV that do not have any strut assisted device on them. It makes me wonder why an Engineer would leave off something so cheap to assist the owner. Anyways - I order 3 from Heartland at about $4.83 ea. - free shipping to the house.

hinge.jpg

jerryjay11

I installed struts on all 5 of my doors and no problems. One strut per door. The struts once retracted stay so until you lift the door. Same way the struts work that I installed on our under bed storage panel.

Bogie

I have never had s door pop open during travel. When closed the pressure on the door is downward not outward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk