More options

bwdt

I would like to see more options with the travelers.

Axle and brake options
pin box options
Solar options
Larger water tank 47 Gallons makes it nearly impossible to dry camp.
Etc.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Axle and brake options
pin box options
Solar options
Etc.

I think with the price point they are trying to stay with on the Traveler's you would have to jump up to the regular Bighorn to get those additional options

Rod

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think with the price point they are trying to stay with on the Traveler's you would have to jump up to the regular Bighorn to get those additional options

Rod

Agreed, Traveler is below the Gateway line. I don't think it's really targeted to full-timing or long extended stays.

That said, you can certainly make it your own by doing upgrades yourself.

We added tank heaters, upgraded pin box, changed our running gear and tires, added thermal curtains, and upgraded our battery so we could tow easily and use our Elkridge in the winter in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Axle and brake options
pin box options
Solar options
Etc.

We looked at the Traveler last year when we bought our Big Country. More options would make it a Gateway or above. We had the Oakmont which was replaced by the Traveler and full timed in it for a year without issue. If you want more options you have to install them yourself or upgrade the entire rig.

T

TomMontague

Axle and brake options
pin box options
Solar options
Etc.

Traveler and Gateway are very close but Traveler is considered to be a higher brand in the eyes of most. In fact, the Traveler is closer to Big Country. Both come with a full-time warranty, Big Country has solid wood stiles vs wrapped stiles in the Traveler and neither have a rear cap. The Big Country has G range tires standard and the Traveler has F range. Then of course the options list is slightly bigger with Big Country.

Adding options on Bighorn Traveler would make it a Bighorn. :) I can tell you the tank sizes are bigger than what you posted and it does have the Solar pre-wire and the Solar Conduit. Pin boxes can be upgraded at any time which is nice and I will work with whatever manufacturer you decide to go with on getting a better price for anyone buying a new unit... Bighorn or Bighorn Traveler.

Fresh Tank - 65 Gallons ( 67 Bighorn )
Grey Tank - 2x45 Gallon for a total of 90 Gallons ( same as Bighorn )
Black Tank - 45 Gallon ( same as Bighorn )
10 Gallon H2O heater ( 12 Gallon Bighorn )
35,000 BTU furnace (42,000 BTU Bighorn )
F Range tires ( G range Bighorn )

Talk Soon,
Tom

orion7144

Traveler and Gateway are very close but Traveler is considered to be a higher brand in the eyes of most. In fact, the Traveler is closer to Big Country. Both come with a full-time warranty, Big Country has solid wood stiles vs wrapped stiles in the Traveler and neither have a rear cap. The Big Country has G range tires standard and the Traveler has F range. Then of course the options list is slightly bigger with Big Country.

Adding options on Bighorn Traveler would make it a Bighorn. :) I can tell you the tank sizes are bigger than what you posted and it does have the Solar pre-wire and the Solar Conduit. Pin boxes can be upgraded at any time which is nice and I will work with whatever manufacturer you decide to go with on getting a better price for anyone buying a new unit... Bighorn or Bighorn Traveler.

Talk Soon,
Tom

Where is the solar conduit and where does it lead to?

bwdt

I actually purchased a 39 MB and should be picking it up in three weeks. I may have made a mistake on the order as I thought that it came with two AC units and thought the option was for a larger unit in the front. I hope that it is not to difficult to add the unit If I did indeed make a mistake on the order, and if I did I am hoping that it will install with ducting when added? We shall see. I got it with double pane windows and slide toppers with it.

There are some dealers who claim it has 47 gallons of fresh but the Heartland website says 65. which is a little better.

I am worried about the F rated tires and the brakes and may end up, up grading them soon.