Wireless Backup Camera

Greetings all. I’m new to the wireless back up camera scene. I would like to install one that has a magnetic mount to use on my 2017 Bighorn 3890SS both for backing up and going down the road. Since it will be on the road needs to be waterproof and be able to handle the rigors of the road. I don’t want to drill any holes into the RV especially with wireless equipment as it changes so frequently. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and keep the rubber side down and may the wind be at your back.

Oregon_Camper

Sorry, I'm not sure if you're going to find a quality camera that only attaches to the RV via a magnet. That would have to be a strong magnet to hold the camera while driving down the road and getting bounced around.

If you change your mind, and want a recommendation, we purchased the Furrion “Observation” camera and LOVE it. You can see WAY back while driving and it makes lanes changes so much easier. The non “Observation” model only works while vehicle is in reverse, so I went with “Observation” model, so I can use it for driving and backing into a campground site.

http://amzn.to/2nL2Yuk

avvidclif

The wireless cameras only refers to not having to run cable. You still have to run power to them. I'm curious as to where you are going to stick a mag mount camera? The only picture I saw doesn't show a back bumper but it does show a mount for a Furrion camera.

CoveredWagon

Greetings all. I’m new to the wireless back up camera scene. I would like to install one that has a magnetic mount to use on my 2017 Bighorn 3890SS both for backing up and going down the road. Since it will be on the road needs to be waterproof and be able to handle the rigors of the road. I don’t want to drill any holes into the RV especially with wireless equipment as it changes so frequently. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and keep the rubber side down and may the wind be at your back.

Isnt you BH already wired for a Furrion camera with a mount installed on the upper rear of the coach just below the marker light? Recommendation from me is the observation camera, not just a back up camera.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you're going to find a quality camera that only attaches to the RV via a magnet. That would have to be a strong magnet to hold the camera while driving down the road and getting bounced around.

If you change your mind, and want a recommendation, we purchased the Furrion “Observation” camera and LOVE it. You can see WAY back while driving and it makes lanes changes so much easier. The non “Observation” model only works while vehicle is in reverse, so I went with “Observation” model, so I can use it for driving and backing into a campground site.

http://amzn.to/2nL2Yuk

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and purchased the Furrion observation camera. The BigHorn was in fact pre-wired with the cradle for the camera. Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I have the Furion that I took off my Big Horn and put on my Oshkosh and it works just fine. The Oshkosh if forty feet and I have the long bed F350.

I have the Furion that I took off my Big Horn and put on my Oshkosh and it works just fine. The Oshkosh if forty feet and I have the long bed F350.

Thank you for the reply. We have elected to go for the Furrion as it has a cradle ready to be installed on our Bighorn.

The wireless cameras only refers to not having to run cable. You still have to run power to them. I'm curious as to where you are going to stick a mag mount camera? The only picture I saw doesn't show a back bumper but it does show a mount for a Furrion camera.

I have opted to use the pre-wired mount on the existing cradle. I went with the observation camera.