Party deck question.

cablanken

We just purchased an Edge 351 that has the rear party deck with the slide door and rear steps. My question is in regards to the rear steps and back rail, the rear steps have to be in place for the back gate/rail section to be sturdy. Is there a bracket/kit that allows the rear section of the party deck to be better secured without installing the rear steps? We may not always want the steps or may end up on an un-level site where the steps can't be installed, then we would have a flimsy rear rail. Just wondering if anyone has thought about or fixed this issue. Thanks in advance.

cablanken

After talking with a manufacturer's rep I learned that the two sliding bars on top of the gate area are the only 'securing' points when the steps are not utilized. The railing is a little flimsy for my liking but it would take alot to get it to slide/push off of the ramp door. Is what it is I guess.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
We never use our steps on the party deck. The railing is just fine. It is actually quite sturdy. It rests against the brackets where the steps mount so you could not push it off without lifting it over the bracket. It would be intentional not an accident.

cablanken

There are no brackets on the top side of our door, we must have different models of the patio railings. The only brackets for our steps are on the bottom side of the door. Our patio setup is manufactured by MorRyde.