Allure vinyl flooring

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Now called “Lifeproof.” For those that have replaced their carpet or linoleum with this, how is it holding up? Any problems with dimensional stability from heat or cold (as in storage)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

carl.swoyer

Now called “Lifeproof.” For those that have replaced their carpet or linoleum with this, how is it holding up? Any problems with dimensional stability from heat or cold (as in storage)?

This'll be a good thread. We need pictures.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

This'll be a good thread. We need pictures.

I’d like to replace the old carpeting and linoleum with it but don’t want to find it won’t survive cold winter storage.

porthole

Retired

Is it sheet vinyl flooring or tiles?

JohnDar

Is it sheet vinyl flooring or tiles?

It’s a vinyl plank laminate floating floor. There have been some owners that have used it but no info on how it’s been holding up.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have been considering using the Allure (Lifeproof) in our RV.
In my research I found that it is recommended to be in a controlled environment, meaning it's temperature range is 50°F-100°F or the warranty will be voided.
So, if our rigs see winter temperatures this may not be the best product for us to use.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

In my research I found that it is recommended to be in a controlled environment, meaning it's temperature range is 50°F-100°F or the warranty will be voided.
So, if our rigs see winter temperatures this may not be the best product for us to use.

Peace
Dave

Yes, I've read the same disclaimer information. Curious to hear from actual users, though.

carl.swoyer

Peace
Dave
So how does the manufacturer deal with shipping this product to a retail location during the winter? It's going to be in freezing temperatures during transportation from the factory/ production location to the retail selling location. ?

jbeletti

And this has a similar disclaimer about being climate controlled in its instructions. Tried to copy & paste it, but it won't transfer.

I think Kakampers used this either in their Bighorn or current Landmark. Perhaps Kathy will see this thread.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It would be awesome if we had the ability to tag people in threads.

Rod

We have used Allure... it's in our Landmark now. We have the glue strip and it's holding up well. Had the click and lock version, but removed it, as it would not stay together.

As for temperature changes, does not affect us living in it. We did, however use it in our coach house in South TX, which is not temperature controlled in the summer, and shrunk length wise leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch gaps on every plank. Will be replacing it this winter.

JohnDar

We have used Allure... it's in our Landmark now. We have the glue strip and it's holding up well. Had the click and lock version, but removed it, as it would not stay together.

As for temperature changes, does not affect us living in it. We did, however use it in our coach house in South TX, which is not temperature controlled in the summer, and shrunk length wise leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch gaps on every plank. Will be replacing it this winter.

Thanks! I'll have to look further into it for info on using a glue strip version vs. click & lock. Our summer temps probably won't get as high as south TX and we leave the Fantastic Fan powered when we are away, so it doesn't get too hot.

Gotta do something to replace the OEM carpet with something other than more carpet. And the lino is showing its age, too.

porthole

Retired

It shrank in the summer? That is the opposite of what would be expected.

JohnDar

By glue strip, do you mean the peel & stick type of flooring, where the entire back side has PSA on it. Did you use a latex primer on the bare wood substrate before laying the flooring? I'm surprised the click and lock version came apart in your Landmark, unless it was due to temperature variation or flexing of the floor during travel.

kakampers

It shrank in the summer? That is the opposite of what would be expected.

That's what we thought too...but the very first summer it shrank as stated...hasn't changed since, though. We are going to replace with ceramic, wood look tile.

kakampers

Thanks! I'll have to look further into it for info on using a glue strip version vs. click & lock. Our summer temps probably won't get as high as south TX and we leave the Fantastic Fan powered when we are away, so it doesn't get too hot.

Gotta do something to replace the OEM carpet with something other than more carpet. And the lino is showing its age, too.

We did the whole rig, except the dining room slide...left the carpet there. Even took everything out of the bedroom...

Attachments

• 15591345_1313581065361431_5650556061835345316_o.jpg
    15591345_1313581065361431_5650556061835345316_o.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 15626256_1313581202028084_2012730411746260843_o.jpg
    15626256_1313581202028084_2012730411746260843_o.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 15675585_1313580928694778_9109383534673889282_o.jpg
    15675585_1313580928694778_9109383534673889282_o.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 92

kakampers

By glue strip, do you mean the peel & stick type of flooring, where the entire back side has PSA on it. Did you use a latex primer on the bare wood substrate before laying the flooring? I'm surprised the click and lock version came apart in your Landmark, unless it was due to temperature variation or flexing of the floor during travel.

Not glued down...this is a true floating floor. We covered the floor, after removing carpet, with an underlayment. The glue strips are on one long edge and one end of each plank. You place the planks like you would a click and lock floor and then you need to use a roller on the glue strip seams...this ensures they make a good,tight bond.

Our click and lock was floating too...the trailer movement is what caused the problem of it coming apart...

JohnDar

Not glued down...this is a true floating floor. We covered the floor, after removing carpet, with an underlayment. The glue strips are on one long edge and one end of each plank. You place the planks like you would a click and lock floor and then you need to use a roller on the glue strip seams...this ensures they make a good,tight bond.

Our click and lock was floating too...the trailer movement is what caused the problem of it coming apart...

What did you use for underlayment? Instructions say not to.