Bedroom Accent Lights

smoothie

Had the Landmark in the shop today and noticed that the accent lights in the bedroom around the slide out and the lights on the little solid surface counters on each side of the bed did not work. The tech looked around and found a wire that looks as if it has become disconnected from the light strip. The lights worked before when we picked up the trailer. When you hit the accent light button in the bedroom only the lights on the ceiling accents come on. Could that one wire be the problem? Also if it is does this mean that all the lights on the slide out need to be replaced? They said that they will have to remove all of the wood trim to replace the LED light strips around the slide out. Has anyone seen this issue before?

danemayer

Hi smoothie,

As you said you press a button to turn on the lights, it sounds like you have the KIB Multi-Plex Control System. If the button turns on some lights and not others, and those other used to work, the KIB components are working and you've probably got a wiring problem near the lights - possibly what the tech found.

Btw, if you want to find out more about the KIB system, take a look at our KIB Multi-Plex Control System user guide.

smoothie

Hi smoothie,

As you said you press a button to turn on the lights, it sounds like you have the KIB Multi-Plex Control System. If the button turns on some lights and not others, and those other used to work, the KIB components are working and you've probably got a wiring problem near the lights - possibly what the tech found.

Btw, if you want to find out more about the KIB system, take a look at our KIB Multi-Plex Control System user guide.

Yes we do have the KIB Multi-Plex Control System. So if what they found is correct would it require removing all of the wood trim just to replace the led strips? My other question is how does the wiring for the LED stips in the slide out trim pieces relate to the solid surface bed side platforms with lights in them? I am still trying to get used to RV ownership, and after what it cost to purchase the Landmark I just want everything to be perfect because this was not a cheap decision.

danemayer

Lights on the same circuit are usually wired in a series. So if a wire comes out of a connector somewhere in the middle, everything after that point would go dark. I don't know the details of the wiring of the 2 areas that are failing, but based on your description, my guess would be it's a wire problem, not necessarily requiring replacement of the LED strips. But I suppose in order to find where the loose wire goes, some trim might have to be pulled off. Shouldn't be too hard.

Btw, we also have a Landmark 365 User Guide that may answer questions you haven't yet asked.