Gotta Stop going to these Rallies

teasac69

Just got back from Abilene and the West TX rally and then down to Louisiana for some fresh crawfish, red snapper and the LA Chapter rally. Now the problem is I learned so much from what everyone else has been doing to modify that I get home with a list a mile long and much less cash in the bank, buying all the stuff I needed to get things right.

Installed the EMS in the basement today. going to start the remodel of the basement walls to gain that nose space on each side and push the back wall a few inches back, hinge it and get ready for my Morryde slide tray which arrives tomorrow.

Got new filtration and water softner gear coming, putting some shelves in the kitchen, gotta install Jason Moses LED motion detected closet lights up front big closet; adding the Billetti green converter safe light and changing out the sewer hose tube.

setting up some shelves or trays in the propane compartments on both sides to use that room and do a complete remake of my front compartment. going to seal up the floor from road moisture and dust and include more hanging space and possible shelving.

I'm suppose to go to the Arkansas Rally and then on up to Branson but I'm almost afraid to go. I'm not sure I can afford it (not the camping the mods).

jbeletti

Sounds like you really got it going in Tim! Great mods by the way. Time to make this your own Mod Thread and start adding pics of what you're doing.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When choosing a spot for the "Beletti light" hook up to your Tow vehicle and put a piece of tape on the coach where you're thinking of putting the light. Get in the truck and see if it's in your normal vision in the rear view mirror. If it is, MOVE it! The LED is quite bright at night and will be annoying if it's constantly in your field of vision. I think you'll want the light positioned so a slight head movement is needed to be able to see it...viewable but not a distraction. Just my .02!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
It is much cheaper at a rally to talk about beer. Beer is delicious, everyone has their favorite, less talking happening when drinking, after a few you get tired and go to bed, in bed you talk to no one about any mods, you spend less money. Beer!

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I took out the back basement wall to start the Cheap heat install last night. While I was looking I have figured out how to add more storage there also. So go ahead and get the Cheap heat ordered.:D

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tim, you just need to take all of your new parts to your next rally and you know there will be someone to help out.
Well, help install..... not pay for. 😀

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

Just got back from Abilene and the West TX rally and then down to Louisiana for some fresh crawfish, red snapper and the LA Chapter rally. Now the problem is I learned so much from what everyone else has been doing to modify that I get home with a list a mile long and much less cash in the bank, buying all the stuff I needed to get things right.

Installed the EMS in the basement today. going to start the remodel of the basement walls to gain that nose space on each side and push the back wall a few inches back, hinge it and get ready for my Morryde slide tray which arrives tomorrow.

Got new filtration and water softner gear coming, putting some shelves in the kitchen, gotta install Jason Moses LED motion detected closet lights up front big closet; adding the Billetti green converter safe light and changing out the sewer hose tube.

setting up some shelves or trays in the propane compartments on both sides to use that room and do a complete remake of my front compartment. going to seal up the floor from road moisture and dust and include more hanging space and possible shelving.

I'm suppose to go to the Arkansas Rally and then on up to Branson but I'm almost afraid to go. I'm not sure I can afford it (not the camping the mods).

So you went to a few rallies and found a couple of modifications to do. I will let you know as log as you keep reading the postings here, you will fine a lot more! You just have to put them on a to do priority list.

teasac69

When choosing a spot for the "Beletti light" hook up to your Tow vehicle and put a piece of tape on the coach where you're thinking of putting the light. Get in the truck and see if it's in your normal vision in the rear view mirror. If it is, MOVE it! The LED is quite bright at night and will be annoying if it's constantly in your field of vision. I think you'll want the light positioned so a slight head movement is needed to be able to see it...viewable but not a distraction. Just my .02!

That's great advice. I'm actually only using a 5/16" light versus the 1/2 I've seen. Being LED I'm pretty sure I'll see it day or night but not to be distracting. We don't do much night running honestly. We try to limit our daily travels to in the 250-275 range and always make sure we get to a strange park before dark. But I sincerely appreciate the suggestion and fully intend to use it.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Well thought I'd update what I've done so far. Along with the upgrades in my avatar, these since my last rally:

modified the basement walls to reclaim so good sq footage, shorten the front wall and enclosed the side boxes

Moved the control panel for the Level up so I won't hit my head on it anymore.

Installed the hardwired Progressive surge and ran the panel display beside my Level up display (going to have a pedestal mount for sale).

installed the Morryde storage tray. (not sure why my basement floor has a swale in it but I had to shim the center blocks 1/2")

purchased and rigged up the two stage water filter system and 16,000 unit softener. Momma gonna like them suds,

Installed motion sensitive led light strips in the front big closet so when you open the door, you have light and lots of it. Jason's challenged me to hide the wires so I'm not quite done with this one yet.

installing the inverter green powered up light on the driver side front wall, finishing that tomorrow.

I see her over there in her chair with a paper and pen and a wicked smile as I'm sure she is dreaming up more fixer uppers to do.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
not sure why my basement floor has a swale in it but I had to shim the center blocks 1/2"

The basement floor is supported by 2"X2"s going across from DS to ODS. The 2"X2"'s will flex under the load of the items in the basement. I fixed a basement on a previous basement by sistering 2"X3"s to the 2X2's. I also notched and set the 2X3's on top of the steel frame. I also crossed braced 2X@'s front to back. I completed all the work by dropping the coroplast.

I see her over there in her chair with a paper and pen and a wicked smile as I'm sure she is dreaming up more fixer uppers to do.

Tell her she will need to buy your beer so you can complete her list!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I moved my basement wall back about four inches last week!

Nice to have more room, but looking in there with all of my stuff it doesn't look like I gained anything! :p

It is much cheaper at a rally to talk about beer. Beer is delicious, everyone has their favorite, less talking happening when drinking, after a few you get tired and go to bed, in bed you talk to no one about any mods, you spend less money. Beer!

My thinking exactly!

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I checked on this thread to see all to progress pictures.:( But I guess we will just have to wait until the next rally.