Replacement interior bulbs

Dan54

Had an LED bulb fail in one of the mini canister reading lights over the couch in our 2011 Landmark. There are no markings on the bulb to tell me the replacement. Took it to General RV & they tried to look it up but the manual had no replacement sizes. They ended up giving me a bulb that they thought would fit, well it went in the socket ok but didn't turn on when I pushed the switch. Changed it to another lamp fixture that had a good bulb & it didn't work there either so it's definitely the wrong bulb. Went online & no help there w/o an original to go from.
Only thing I can think of is to buy a variety of the more common incandescent sizes - much cheaper - until it find one that works, then get the matching LED. Anyone been down this road already? Would save me much time/aggravation. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Had an LED bulb fail in one of the mini canister reading lights over the couch in our 2011 Landmark. There are no markings on the bulb to tell me the replacement. Took it to General RV & they tried to look it up but the manual had no replacement sizes. They ended up giving me a bulb that they thought would fit, well it went in the socket ok but didn't turn on when I pushed the switch. Changed it to another lamp fixture that had a good bulb & it didn't work there either so it's definitely the wrong bulb. Went online & no help there w/o an original to go from.
Only thing I can think of is to buy a variety of the more common incandescent sizes - much cheaper - until it find one that works, then get the matching LED. Anyone been down this road already? Would save me much time/aggravation. Thanks

Try going online to a LED supplier and try matching the size and base to it. Then either get it online or try a local lighting/electrical supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan54

Try going online to a LED supplier and try matching the size and base to it. Then either get it online or try a local lighting/electrical supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found an old 1156 incandescent in the basement that works. The LED's they sold me were labeled replacements for 1156 but the one I tried didn't work. Maybe a bad one? Took it back & exchanged for another 1156 & a 67-A7 to try. If they don't work I'll try online again.

carl.swoyer

I replaced mine in my 2012 Landmark Rushmore with led.
Purchased them on the internet for fifty dollars. That was for all my lights. I found them on eBay

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Found an old 1156 incandescent in the basement that works. The LED's they sold me were labeled replacements for 1156 but the one I tried didn't work. Maybe a bad one? Took it back & exchanged for another 1156 & a 67-A7 to try. If they don't work I'll try online again.

Looking closer, the bulb they sold me was labeled 1156 but in the fine print says "replaces 1003, 1141, ...." but does not mention 1156. Online stores are the same, an bulb labeled 1156 does not say it replaces an 1156. Is that because it is assumed because it is labeled 1156 or has the numbering changed with LED's? Anyway neither the 1156 nor the 67-A7 they sold me works & I tried 2 LED 1156's so I'm satisfied it wasn't a bad new bulb. Anyway to summarize - Why wouldn't a 1156 LED work when the 1156 incandescent works fine?

jimtoo

Try a LED bulb that works in another fixture in the one that does not work. If it does not work also then the wiring may be reversed in the 12v fixture. Most LED's will not work if 12v is wiring reversed.

Jim M

carl.swoyer

Try a LED bulb that works in another fixture in the one that does not work. If it does not work also then the wiring may be reversed in the 12v fixture. Most LED's will not work if 12v is wiring reversed.

Jim M
2011 rig I don't think the wires are crossed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dan54

Jim M

Rig is back in storage but I don't think wiring is reversed. The bulb I am replacing is an LED. I flipped bulbs with another fixture & the problem followed the bulb. Thanks