Sad to report

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I was just informed on Friday September 12th that Best Buy Rv's Springfield location will be closing immidiately. They will be moving all their asset over to their location in Richmond Indiana. While it is good to know that they will still be in business it is still sad for those of us who have made the Springfield location a necessity. I did hear that some of the employees from Springfield will have jobs in the Richmond location but that just means they will have to commute at least 1 hour one way.

Mark

Pulltab

WOW, too bad. I didn't use them for service but they were a big dealer in the area, springfield will have nothing now. Just a matter of time and it will be a ghost town :(

Delaine and Lindy

Well we feel your pain and are sad to hear when those places close. Sept 15, today we had another factory close and we only have one more and that means we have no tax base (Thanks NAFTA). Our Country is number 1 in unemployment in the entire State of Tennessee. When good paying jobs leave the Country means people will not invest. And all these bad loans to people who couldn't afford the inflated housing prices and now credit is getting very tight and very few will be able to borrow money. We meet people every day who would like to buy a RV but can't get financing. I don't know the answer, but its not only Tennessee, we are in Texas and its here also. Money is tight.......... GBY......

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Update - happy to pass on to you

Well I was informed yesterday that Best Buy RV's has decided to keep their Springfield location open as a parts and service location:), no sales:(.

This morning Jim Beletti sent me a link to the local news paper article.

Mark