Circuit Breaker Amps

ChopperBill

Anyone know what Amp rating the circuit breaker is for the slide out control? Mine seems to want to "pop" at least once while going in and out and I want one in hand before I take it out.

ChopperBill

Aw! Come on guys. Someone has to know. At least you could tear into yours and pass the info! :D Your not going to make be bother someone at the factory?

boatdoc

Bill, I can't see the rating with it installed. I'll pull it out a little later, after work, and see what it says.

jimtoo

Well retired4fun, (chopperbill), I was gonna be a good guy None and tell you what mine had for a circuit breaker. So, I went outside, walked to the Bighorn, about 75 feet or so, discovered I did not have my keys:(, walked back to the house, 75 feet or so, had to let the cat in and feed the cat, got my keys, walked back outside, 75 feet or so, to the Bighorn:D, unlocked the door and could not see very good:rolleyes:, walked back to the house, 75 feet or so, let the cat out, got my flashlight, walked back to the Bighorn:D, 75 feet or so, shined in the light, removed the little red rubber cover after tracing the cable from the slideout relay to the circuit breaker and :eek: they are mounted were it appears to me you have got to take the whole mess :( off the wall to see what the rating is:mad:. Then I walked another 75 feet or so back to the house, and totally exhausted I begain pounding out this answer for you. SO after all this labor, I cannot tell you what the circuit breaker rating is:mad:. So next time I'm in Colorado, I'm gonna look you up, or maybe next year when you come to the National rally, you owe me a cool one for trying.:D

ChopperBill

Jim, Jim, Jim! No answer No cerveza! But I am glad you got some exercise today. ;) Diesel, No plate with amp rating. BUT, I finally found this sentence in the Lippert on line manual for the XL slide out. "Inspect all connections between battery and solenoid. Inspect
30A Auto-reset Circuit Breaker (See Fig. 7 for location)." One figure just mentions a "dealer supplied circuit breaker" However, there is no clue on Fig. 7 for any location. I think I am going for the 30 AMP. Now all I have to do is find one that has that kind of mount.
The reason I suspect the circuit breaker is because my landing gear breaker kept popping when I used it and a new breaker cured it. Thanks guys!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
A couple weeks ago we were out camping and had to lower the front of the camper as low as it would go to get it level. When I tried to raise the front of the camper to hook up when it was time to leave,the landing gear worked fine for a second and then stopped.After a second the landing worked again. Finally got hooked up.Last year we had the same problem with the slideouts as well as the landing gear. Dealer replaced the circuit breaker and all was well until a couple weeks ago. Took the unit back to dealer and he said that another breaker had gone bad. Replaced the 30 amp with 50 amp and now alll is well.

Forrest Fetherolf

A couple weeks ago we were out camping and had to lower the front of the camper as low as it would go to get it level. When I tried to raise the front of the camper to hook up when it was time to leave,the landing gear worked fine for a second and then stopped.After a second the landing worked again. Finally got hooked up.Last year we had the same problem with the slideouts as well as the landing gear. Dealer replaced the circuit breaker and all was well until a couple weeks ago. Took the unit back to dealer and he said that another breaker had gone bad. Replaced the 30 amp with 50 amp and now alll is well.

tr,

You should verify the wire size from the breaker to motor, upgrading from a 30 amp breaker to 50 amp would require upgrade from 10 gauge wire to 6 gauge wire. If the breaker is to big and the wire to small, the wire could get hot, melt and cause a fire.....................be careful.

Forrest

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
tr,

You should verify the wire size from the breaker to motor, upgrading from a 30 amp breaker to 50 amp would require upgrade from 10 gauge wire to 6 gauge wire. If the breaker is to big and the wire to small, the wire could get hot, melt and cause a fire.....................be careful.

Forrest
I am assuming the service dept. at my dealer did all the verification.The service manager told me he called Lippert and they told him that to use the 50 amp.Now I know Lippert has no idea what size wire is being used in my Landmark,but I have to believe my service dept. manager would not do something that he knows would cause me a serious problem.He thought at first that the pump motor might be overloading the circuit but it checked out ok. That is when he called Lippert for some suggestions.