Big Horn 3760 EL think about it

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We have paid for but not received our new 3760, but during a walk through we noticed a few things that could be improved
1. No place to put a toilet paper dispenser
2. No place to put a towel rack in the bathroom
3 The master 12 volt shut off is far from convenient. if you are hooked up you cannot shut down in an emergency. Our Landmark had it just inside a door on the door side.

Has any other 3760 owner solved these problems?

Gary521

We added two hangers on the bathroom door for the towels. The TP goes inside the sink cabinet. Have no idea about the 12 volt.

danemayer

3 The master 12 volt shut off is far from convenient. if you are hooked up you cannot shut down in an emergency. Our Landmark had it just inside a door on the door side.

Chainsaw,

I assume the cutoff is in the front compartment. Are you saying that the front compartment won't open because there's not enough clearance to get past the tailgate of the truck when hitched?

JMS1963

I will definitely follow this as we just purchased a 2018 3760EL and we take delivery April 13th. I did not notice about no place for a toilet paper holder, I did see there was no towel rack in the rest room during the walk through. Like the others I figured on adding a couple of hooks on the door to hang a towel. Please let us know how things go.

Thanks

SNOKING

We have paid for but not received our new 3760, but during a walk through we noticed a few things that could be improved

Bath is reverse in our 3575el. Ring above toilet for large towel. Ring above light switches for hand towel. Stick on hook at far end of shower.

CDN

B and B
I agree the cutoff is hard to get too.When travelling and camping I have no reason to shut it off. The toilet paper is is in the cupboard. Towels hang on a over door hook when dry and in the shower on a rod when wet or outside in good weather. All three things are not issues for us.

NYSUPstater

Didn't have any either in our BC.

1. TP sits on counter. Goes into drawer for travel. Extra rolls down below sink.
2. Hand towel rests on counter as well or hangs from upper cabinet door knob, if damp.
3. Bath towels hang on rack over door we got from CW w/ 1st coach. They are staggered and dry by next day. Bath mat drapes over shower door.

We've discussed the TP issue and I think the hand towel one as well. Suggestions we got when asked were the same. On door for under sink for TP and a Command Strip hook for hand towel.

Piperflyer

I hung a rack off the bathroom door that will hold 4 towels nicely. We use a toilet paper stand that also will hold 5 spare rolls of paper. I can't see a problem problem with the shut off's. I can get to mine both hooked & unhooked from the truck.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired

Hi Don,

1. For the toilet paper, we bought a stand that is bottom weighted. You can place the stand in a closet when traveling.
  2. We mounted a towel rack at the top of the door leading into the living area.
  3. The 12 volt shut off switch is located in the front compartment but we can still open it up and get to the switch when we're hooked up.
Hope this helps.

Gary521

|

I can't imagine what type of emergency would cause an emergency in the 12 volt system. However, It would be easy to move the cut off switch to the door side ( off door side ) propane compartment.

jbeletti

|

I can't imagine what type of emergency would cause an emergency in the 12 volt system. However, It would be easy to move the cut off switch to the door side ( off door side ) propane compartment.

Good idea. Or, relocate it to the main pass-through storage bay on the frontmost (gen) wall.

wehavefun

Good idea. Or, relocate it to the main pass-through storage bay on the frontmost (gen) wall.
Unless something has changed in the 3760EL since my 2016, it is the ONLY 5th that has a spot for TP! All you do is knock out the square blank that between the upper and lower linen closet, run to Home Depot or Lowes and buy an old fashion in the wall square TP dispenser. Easiest ever up grade. Also the open L bar type hand towel holder fits on outside wall 1/2 between upper cabinet and counter, while it may not be the most convienent according to the wife, it works better than nothing.

I also mounted two hooks over toilet for towels or whatever you want to hang. Nothing over the doors and very easy.

Never needed 12 V shut off immediately available, that is why they have insurance and make new RVs everyday. Lol.
80be777706a4f09b7fd6fa4e32cf5235.jpg
4abfc4f3a0b734f4ff7b62b7b015bbea.jpg
8beec5f09f416753b04d47a7d2d68759.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

esscobra

tp- I thought of this when ordering and had them reverse the door under sink- so it opens easily while using and am mounting tp holder on back of door-

towel bar bath towel will be going on lower cabinet right side between cabinet and shower glass- also going to mount 1 high on back shower wall-

had towel is prob going on side of upper cabinet on right between cab ad shower- with towel hanging down next o sink- just got them today - hoping to install this weekend

will post some pics

you could install a remote dis-connect with just a switch inside

danemayer

I wouldn't put any electrical switch in the propane area. And I'd suggest leaving the cutoff switch where it is. If you can't open the front compartment while hitched, you may have something that needs to be corrected - perhaps position of the hitch is not correct.

Go-Fly

We went with a 2017 3760. Have 14k miles on it to date. Built a towel rack that screwed to the sink cabinet and the top of the shower stall. Holds towels and wash clothes. Put two bath towel holders on the wall behind the head. The TP holder is inside closet, screwed to the door. I've never had any problem getting to my 12v shut off other then I have to go outside. I all ways figured that if I had to turn off the 12v because of an emergency, I'd turn off the propane while I was out there. Hope you enjoy your pull as much as we do.

NYSUPstater

Unless something has changed in the 3760EL since my 2016, it is the ONLY 5th that has a spot for TP! All you do is knock out the square blank that between the upper and lower linen closet, run to Home Depot or Lowes and buy an old fashion in the wall square TP dispenser. Easiest ever up grade. Also the open L bar type hand towel holder fits on outside wall 1/2 between upper cabinet and counter, while it may not be the most convienent according to the wife, it works better than nothing.

I also mounted two hooks over toilet for towels or whatever you want to hang. Nothing over the doors and very easy.

Never needed 12 V shut off immediately available, that is why they have insurance and make new RVs everyday. Lol.
80be777706a4f09b7fd6fa4e32cf5235.jpg
4abfc4f3a0b734f4ff7b62b7b015bbea.jpg
8beec5f09f416753b04d47a7d2d68759.jpg

What did you use to reinforce the screws to keep them from coming out? Any problems w/ electric wires? How did you check to make sure none were present in areas you installed the screws/hooks?

wehavefun

What did you use to reinforce the screws to keep them from coming out? Any problems w/ electric wires? How did you check to make sure none were present in areas you installed the screws/hooks?
My brother in law has this gadget, WalabotDIY, it can Give you a visual of wiring and studs, metal or wood.

The outside wall has a solid enough backing I haven't had any issues with screws coming out on there own. The interior wall honestly I was concerned but no movement, leave bath towels hanging even while traveling.

NYSUPstater

My brother in law has this gadget, WalabotDIY, it can Give you a visual of wiring and studs, metal or wood.

The outside wall has a solid enough backing I haven't had any issues with screws coming out on there own. The interior wall honestly I was concerned but no movement, leave bath towels hanging even while traveling.

Our BC has pretty much same bathroom plan and I like your idea, but wires on outside wall and hitting a stud are of a concern and likewise the wall behind toilet as to what holds screws in w/o pulling out?