New traveler front storage door

orion7144

My door where the batteries are does not lock. The left lock and the key lock do not grab. Only the right side grabs and is the only thing keeping the door shut. Camper is level.

jbeletti

My door where the batteries are does not lock. The left lock and the key lock do not grab. Only the right side grabs and is the only thing keeping the door shut. Camper is level.

Does your lock have a silver metal cam on the backside? If so, perhaps the retaining screw has come loose, allowing the cam to rotate out of position.

cam-locks-500x500.jpg

NYSUPstater

The "tab" on the latch may be too short to grab the metal frame. This is due to the hole being drilled in wrong spot. I have this exact problem on my BC. Only 1 tab/latch catches. HL or dealer sent me supposedly longer latches, but I never got them installed for if memory serve me right, even the replacement tabs were still too short.

Oregon_Camper

I have to push in a little to get mine to lock, but I think all of my trailers have required this.

You should find a place inside your basement where you can place your cell phone so you can take video of how the locking arm comes down. Then you can see the exact problem.

CoveredWagon

Ours has 2 non locking latches one on either end of the door and a keyed lock in the center. Sometimes the key lock latch will drop down and interfere with the closing of the the door.

orion7144

Well my center and left latch were not latching since my door is not centered and the right side that does latch is just barely grabing. What I did was research the cam's and found a suitable replacement that is ~1/4 longer. By changing these I now have a much stronger latch. Before I could pry open the only latch to get into the compartment but now I would have to do some damage to the door. I also replaced my lock with one that is keyed for my entry door (I also replaced all of the basement locks). Attached is a picture with the different cam's.

Attachments

• 20180417_104051.jpg
    20180417_104051.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 34

NYSUPstater

Well my center and left latch were not latching since my door is not centered and the right side that does latch is just barely grabing. What I did was research the cam's and found a suitable replacement that is ~1/4 longer. By changing these I now have a much stronger latch. Before I could pry open the only latch to get into the compartment but now I would have to do some damage to the door. I also replaced my lock with one that is keyed for my entry door (I also replaced all of the basement locks). Attached is a picture with the different cam's.

Where did you get the longer cams from? I have 1 LP door that the hole was drilled wrong and cam is not catching the metal lip. I cannot recall at the moment, but I want to say it's short by 1/4" to perhaps just a tad more.

orion7144

I had to order 14 of them so I have some extras. PM me if interested. They are part #CM-C614 and made by southco. They only sell through distributors so I ordered through bisco.