Is it possible to change out some of the Inside blinding WHITE LED lights with blue bulbs?

skippydo

We are only looking to change out the "bulbs" in our Pioneer 5th wheel PI276. Not rewiring anything, and not replacing the plastic white covers. JUST the bulbs.

The interior WHITE LED lights are not appealing to us at all matter of fact they are too bright. In the interim, I have purchased several warm light flicker battery operated candles that work just fine.

Has anyone done this before? Camping World does not sell them in their store. If anyone knows where I can get them please let me know. It seems new rigs come with some blue interior lights so replacement bulbs must be purchased somewhere, I just do not know where.

Thanks

wdk450

How about coating the bulbs with a light coat of fingernail polish or spray paint? ,

This is a new "problem" for the forum. If you investigate the Automobile LED light bulbs suppliers with a websearch, there are usually choices in various color temperatures.

danemayer

Have you checked the light fixtures to see if the bulbs are replaceable? A lot of the fixtures produced over the last few years have the LEDs soldered to the fixture such that the fixture would have to be replaced.

skippydo

Have you checked the light fixtures to see if the bulbs are replaceable? A lot of the fixtures produced over the last few years have the LEDs soldered to the fixture such that the fixture would have to be replaced.

Interesting, I never would have thought to check whether or not the LEDS are soldered to the fixtures. THANKS.

We will start there.

- - - Updated - - -

How about coating the bulbs with a light coat of fingernail polish or spray paint? ,

This is a new "problem" for the forum. If you investigate the Automobile LED light bulbs suppliers with a websearch, there are usually choices in various color temperatures.

Awww yes, the blinding white LED problem. At least we are not alone. :cool:

Thank you.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I cut a circle of aluminum foil about 3/4 of the diameter of the lens and placed it inside the lens. It helped a LOT.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There are different types of LED’s, from bright white to warm (more of a yellow)available from LED suppliers (NOT Camping World). Go on eBay and search for ones with the same base as your OEM’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skippydo

There are different types of LED’s, from bright white to warm (more of a yellow)available from LED suppliers (NOT Camping World). Go on eBay and search for ones with the same base as your OEM’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Thank you everyone who offered your great ideas. We are going to start by seeing if we can actually pull out the bulb. Then we will go from there.

I was waiting to read "buy blue color sunglasses"...lol
Thanks again.
SKIPPYDO