RV Newbie here and need some help.

Luke_904

All-
I have recently purchased a 2013 Poineer 25BH and missed some soft spots under the bunks and bathroom during inspection. When i informed the seller of the soft spots 2 days later he pretty much said sorry. So i am left here to fix it. Question: Is the flooring attached to a metal frame or is it wood 2x4's that run across the trailer. Is there a breakdown on how they manufacture these trailers? Thanks1

danemayer

Hi Luke,

Since it's a 2013 model, I'm assuming you're not the first owner and the dealer sold it "as is".

To find out about the floor construction, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Luke_904

Hi Luke,

Since it's a 2013 model, I'm assuming you're not the first owner and the dealer sold it "as is".

To find out about the floor construction, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Will do thanks. Yes, i am the second owner and bought it through a private seller. Looking back no i wish i would have bought through a dealer. Lesson learned. Looks like i will have to become a rv tech now. 1

jerryjay11

I would suggest you to find what caused the leak first and then tear into it. I suspect could have been a leak from the bathroom. I do not envy you. Been-there, done-that! I wouldn't let it go long as water damage will continue to spread like cancer.

Our last camper was a StarCraft and there was substantial water damage that if I had know before hand I would have passed on this camper. I ended stripping everything out of the camper, the dinette set, cabinets, kitchen sink and cabinets and then started tearing up the linoleum. What I found was 4 times more damage than I expected.

My flooring was 2" Styrofoam sheets with 1/4" laminate panel glued to the Styrofoam. The studs were 2X2 lengths of wood that ran the length on the camper. If I were to do it again I would have used 2X4's for the framing instead of cutting 2X2 studs.