2007 Ford F150 5.4 Triton

Hey guys, new to the forum. Getting ready to buy a 2018 Wilderness 2375. My truck is rated for 9200 lbs, was wondering if anyone else here has towed this particular model, or know someone that has. Getting a class IV Equalizer, and without any personal equipment the trailer has a GVWR of 6900 lbs. Any opinions, or similar tow rig?

danemayer

Hi squeley444,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The specs you mention sound ok, but there are probably some owners here who have actual experience with similar configurations. I'm sure they'll chime in.

Kinguni

You shouldn't have any issues although steep hills may be a challenge. You have a good buffer between your tow capacity and GVW. Do make sure you have a good weight distribution setup with sway control. That's a pretty big sail behind your truck. It's a few feet shorter and 1000 lbs lighter than the Prowler Lynx 285lx I tow with a 2013 F150 EcoBoost.

Thank you for the warm welcome danemayer! I appreciate the input about your F 150 Kinguni. I was thinking about buying a new F 150 with the 5.0, but I kind of know what my truck is capable of, and the history I have had with it. I think if I do upgrade my tow vehicle, I would look into the new 6.7 Ford F250-F350. I just had dropping that money into something I really don't want to buy right now. My truck only has 118000 miles on it, and I like to use my trucks until I can't afford anymore "fix it's" and run it til it's done. :eek:I know it will work the truck, and even though I haven't purchased the trailer yet, I am waiting to sell some land off and pay cash for the new rig. I will definitely get the sway control and such. I am also going to have a couple solar panels installed on the trailer. I have done a lot of research, and I love the Wilderness, and am impressed with what I have researched thus far. I bought my other trailer new, and so far it has lasted me since 2005. Has anyone used the trailer cameras, and have any input if that is something I should also have installed? Might be beneficial for traffic, parking, etc. This will be the first had trailer I have purchased, and am moving up from a tent trailer. More comfort, less set up, etc. I can't wait, I will let all of you know when I buy it, and my experience with it.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I had a 2009 F150 5.4 Triton saame truck a couple years newer. I was able to pull my Rockwood 2703WS GVWR 8,000 lbs at 32 ft. We had a Reese hitch with 1000 lb bars and 900 lbs tongue weight. Not over on ratings on the truck. It did it, I would advise airing tires to manufacturers maximum rating when towing or add truck tires too stiffen up the truck for stability. I found the truck hunted a lot and typical; gas engine revved to the max to climb hills and make torque.

Regards,

Brian

Well, brief update on the model of trailer we decided to switch to. We were so set on the Wilderness 2375BH, but after checking out and walking through the Wilderness 2850 BH we decided we are going to purchase the 2850.
Seems to have more storage space, a real more spacious open floor plan. Plus, right now here in Utah it is on sale and about $2000 cheaper. The dealer also stated that this model will not be made any longer.
4 feet longer than the 2375, but still the same weight ratio and on slide instead of 2.

Well, it's official. I am now a Heartland owner. Bought the Wilderness 2850 BH today. I can pick it up on Monday, and then the maiden voyage begins on June 11th. So excited to get out of my tent trailer I have owned brand new since 2005. I can't wait to have my first TT that I don't have to pack and unpack each trip. I will let you all know how the trip goes with my F150.