Window "fake" curtain things

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
We have an 08 Sundance 2997BHS that has the normal fake curtain things that always catch the shades when you move them up and down. It's really a pain in the ... uhh ... back side. I was wondering if I can purchase a some of the new style to install myself? Someone else mentioned "Lambrequin window boxes" on another thread here. Maybe they're called the "High-End Window Valances" mentioned on the features portion of the factory website? I do know we have the Merlot color.

Thank you for any help.

jpmorgan37

John;
Your dealer should be able to order just about any thing you want, either from Heartland or from aftermarket companies.

fishn2dmax

My wife hated those "fake curtains", so I installed matching factory lambrequins/ window boxes on all my living area windows on my 08 Sundance 2900MK - It now looks like an 09 interior. It made a huge difference in the look and feel of the interior of the coach. I'll warn you now, it will be expensive! The key to keeping the cost down is to convince Heartland to sell them to you direct and install them yourself. Most dealers will want to tack-on 30-50%, so be prepared for sticker shock on these fixer- up type items.

Netem

Hey fishen2dmax, did the wife get the new counter top yet? Might be cheaper to get a 09 HA HA

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
fishin2dmax,

How does one go about contacting the factory and convincing them to sell direct to me? I'd very much like to do this, as long as I don't have to sell my first born. Wait a minute, that's not such a bad idea after all. Who wants a 5 year old boy? He always listens to his mommy and daddy and he always picks up his toys :rolleyes:.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
Johnm, Just give our Parts Dept the model and window sizes, or you could do Netem and just get an 09 with all the upgrades. I personaly liked the curtians because when i am outside working and come all dirty i have about 14 towels available to me (just kidding) if you have any questions please let me know - i travel alot and sometimes i am not able to connect but i will try to respond asap. Thanks and enjoy the Sundance - John Leonard Sundance Brand Manager

fishn2dmax

JohnM, Like Netem said, the easiest thing would be to order an 09 model with all the upgrades. Trust me, I thought about it. After considering taxes and depreciation, it just wasn't financially worth it for a few upgrades. We decided the window boxes were a priority along with the sink, so those are the items we upgraded ourselves. Just and JohnL indicated, contact their parts department and try to get them to send the lamrequins/ window boxes to you direct. If not, work out a "in & out" deal with a local dealer. Good Luck.

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
Well, I can get them from Heartland. They're a bit more than I wanted to spend ... which was probably around 10 bucks for the whole thing :D.

They really aren't an unreasonable price from Heartland, I just don't want to spend that much money on something I don't need. But I can get the fabric from them for about $16/yard and make my own :). I like that price much better and it gives me a winter project.

Thanks for the suggestions and help!

fishn2dmax

Gee....I wish I had thought of the just buying the fabric. Here is a heads up if you plan to just add window boxes on the sides of the windows. The top window valance boxes on outside 2 large windows of main slide are not the same depth as the other top valances boxes in the coach. When Heartland shipped me the new window box / lambrequins, they also included the deeper top window valances for the main slide. If you go out and measure your valance depth on those windows compared to the others, you'll see what I mean. If you make your own, just keep in the mind the side window boxes for those 2 windows will not be as deep as all the others, unless you change the top valance boxes.

This will be a great winter project for you and it really will makes a difference in the overall look and feel of the coach.

Good Luck.