Receiver/Carrier for Honda Helix scooter

We've been searching for info on the 3600RENone. I want to carry a 350lb Honda Helix 250 for transportation when we set up. The rear jacks appear to be located pretty far back on the frame :(. The Big Horn 3500RL has those jacks farther toward the front of the coach leaving more frame exposed. I'm concerned that there would not be room (without radical work) to make room on the BH 3600RE for a carrier receiver. Any experince or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/progress.gif​

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I would think that the jacks would be easy enough to move up a few inches BUT! I would give serious thought before adding 350# of scooter and another 100#'s or so of steel to the tail end of your coach. I'm not engineer or math major but I'm guessing you would be adding somewhere around 800# to 900# to the axles because they become a fulcrum for weight added to the rear. I know, I've seen them going down the road too but it's a chance people are willing to take I guess. If it were me, I'd do some measuring and think about a ramp to put the scooter in the trailer over the axles. It wouldn't take much to tie down a scooter. Sorry to sound negative but I tend to think about things hedging towards the safer side. A low risk kind of guy.

Thanks

Thanks, Ray, for the respnse. However building a ramp and carrying such a vehicle inside the coach of our new home would not be an option to which my wife would take kindly :confused:. I do appreciate your insight as I had not thought about the increase flex weight on the axles. (This is all new to me.) Does anyone else have experience with a carrier on the backend of their rig? Thanks again.

jnbhobe

I have had a rack on the back of my last 4 units. All have been welded to the frame with tubes so it can be removed. I carry a Honda 3000 generator and blocking there along with a gas can and fire wood sometimes. Have never had a problem of any kind and have been all over the country with it. WFM:D:D JON