2014 Bighorn Porch Light problems

Since we are new to this Bighorn, we have read the instructions for the porch light that senses motion, etc. Know about the on-off-on to make it go automatic, but all we get at night is a blue indicator light flash to green indicator color, but no light comes on (done while walking around). Later that night I touched the plastic small window that covers the sensor (one on each side) and the plastic crumbled (appears to be aged from sun). Did that cause the failure? If so what is the fix?

danemayer

Hi TNSmokiesFan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. A lot of people have experience with the motion detector porch lights, so hopefully someone will chime in shortly with advice.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure, but I don't think that coach came with a motion sensor light.
But in the event that it is an after market Starlights brand you can contact them and they will send you a couple of new Fresnel Lenses.
Deteriorating lenses have been a problem in the past.
Their number is 800-883-5444.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

I'm not sure, but I don't think that coach came with a motion sensor light.
But in the event that it is an after market Starlights brand you can contact them and they will send you a couple of new Fresnel Lenses.
Deteriorating lenses have been a problem in the past.
Their number is 800-883-5444.

Peace
Dave

Starlight has had a bad batch of lenses a few years ago and several of us called them in the past to get new a lens. After three and a half years the replacement lens broke. Same problem. I called Starlight last week inquiring about purchasing a new lens. They stated that the replacement lens should have lasted for many years not just a few and are sending me a new one for free again. They are great to deal with. So give them a call.