SOLVED - Interior LED Puck light Removal

SteveG

Anyone know how to remove those small puck lights that have the little button switch in the center located above the bed? I'm trying but don't want to damage anything in the process only to see it was a simple task. I just don't know what that is. Any help is much appreciated.

-Problem solved...

Last edited:

LBR

How did you remove them? I am struggling to figure this out myself.
Give the lens a CCW twisting motion while pressing/pulling/shaking it......it will "unthread" if you persuade it enough. Install with a CW twist once you see how the little lens tabs hook into the light base.

kmcutino

Are these the same lights? I can't get any grip on the lense. Does the whole casing come off? Is there a way to disable the light without taking it off/opening it? It is in the bunk of my almost 2 year old and he would rather play with it (and keep his sister awake) than sleep!
20210724_083504.jpg

SteveG

Are these the same lights? I can't get any grip on the lense. Does the whole casing come off? Is there a way to disable the light without taking it off/opening it? It is in the bunk of my almost 2 year old and he would rather play with it (and keep his sister awake) than sleep!
View attachment 65850
That's the light. Get a small flat tip screwdriver and pry the white cover off from the edge. Once off the rest will be screwed to the wall. It's been a while but I believe the two wires are soldered to the LED board. Be careful, there is 12VDC present so you may want to either pull the fuse to the light or disconnect battery and turn off Converter if you are plugged into AC. If you just want to disable it just remove the negative wire, tape it up and put it back together.

SteveG

View attachment 65850
I Attached a pick of the light with the cover off. The V+ and V- are where the wires are attached so you will need to remove the fixture to get to the wires.

Attachments

• RV Light.jpg
    RV Light.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 10

kmcutino

Thank you! We were able to get ahold of the dealership who gave us instructions to pry the cover off with a flat head screwdriver. Worked like a charm. No more late night light parties for the little guy 🙂

LBR

View attachment 65850
We have a completely different style of LED puck light....no bezel on outer perimeter.