Fix your HOP...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I know now that some of youse folks are not updating your HOP. How can I tell where you are so I can come bug you. I am at Gettysburg PA and I know there are at least two Heartland owners in the area, but they have not updated their HOP. :eek:

OK, guys, it would take to much diesel fuel to go around the local campgrounds looking for Heartland rigs. That is why the HOP was added to the forum. Lets go out and add your HOP or update your HOP. I need to know I am in good company. All thes SOB units around here and no Heartland company. :mad:

We are getting a lot on the map but big brother needs to know where you are so we can come calling. Get with it and start using the HOP. :D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Bob...sorrry! Had it on, but we move so much, couldn't keep up with it. People always thought I was somewhere I wasn't, so I took it off, don't want to confuse everyone. Not that that many people we looking for me...I hope! LOL

P.S. See you this evening!!!

nhunter

I tried to fix mine but I keep ending up in China! How do you enter your lat / long to make you be where you are?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I use 2008 Streets & Trips Rather than fight the system I use the location sensor to get the Lat and Long. One of the things is the Lat is just the number but the Long must have a " - " (not the " marks) in front of the number. The link shown by VietvetUSMC will get you to the address. I like to hone in a little closer. Some of the addresses are not plotted correctly.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just went into the HOP and checked out TXBobcat's pin. I switched to the satellite view and it's right in the driveway to the park. You can make out trailers and sites. Pretty neat stuff.

cgunn

Also will someone direct me to the link or instructions
for adding the image for the HOP.
It must be complicated or not very popular
Even Jim doesn't have one on his position
as computer savvy as he is...........

PS does anyone know who was in the Bighorn in
Bellview RV Park in Fenton MO just outside St Louis.
We all had to evacuate from the flooding caused
by the remnants of IKE.
Some people lost truck and trailers due to about 4'
of water...
I barely got out in time..
We are in Wal-Mart parking lot until we can go back
this weekend I hope..

jbeletti

Hi Bob and Charlie,

Okay - you shamed me into changing my position :)

I am in Frankenmuth, MI (beautiful) for the Michigan Fall Rally. Having a great time.

Check out my HOP here.

Jim

cgunn

HOP Image

Hey Jim....or Someone
No one answered my question from above...

Will someone direct me to the link or instructions
for adding the image for the HOP.
It must be complicated or not very popular
Even Jim doesn't have one on his position
as computer savvy as he is...........

jbeletti

In the field provided on the HOP form, you insert a URL to your image. For example, if you have an image on a photo sharing service like Photo Bucket, Webshots etc, you would find that image online, copy the URL to the exact image and paste or type that URL in the image URL field in HOP.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK.. found a good way to set your HOP location. Go to the link [Show Main Map] find your location.. Drill down using the map. I then click on the Satellite button and find where I am located. Easy to see you area better on most maps. Some will not drill down close enough. I have drilled down to the max satellite picture, found where my site is located and click on that area. Look to the right and see the Lat and Long. Take your cursor and highlight the Lat, copy it to, say the Notepad, then copy the Long and copy it to the Notepad. Then I click on [My Entry] and paste the Lat and Long in the correct data areas. Enter the campground name and the city and state. Then scroll down and click on the button Update the Information near the bottom of the page.

Now you might be able to drill down far enough using Satellite but in some it has older photos and can only drill down to a general area.

I like to go to Google Map and www.mapslive.com to see what some of the campgrounds are actually like but also try to use Birds Eye View.
Look at this then go to Birds eye. See the attachments for an example..
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?cp=39.800704%7c-77.228327&style=h&lvl=16&v=1

This is where we stayed for a week at Gettysburg, PA.. I circled the site where we stayed..

Attachments

• Artillary Ridge campground 1.JPG
    Artillary Ridge campground 1.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Artillary Ridge campground 2.JPG
    Artillary Ridge campground 2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok.. thought I would bring this thread back to the front..
I have been reading threads asking where everyone is located.. I am the same way. I would like to know where friends are and if any are in the area I am in or near to were I am planning to go.

I did some checking..
There are 774 active members.
There are 257 shown in the HOP.

If your intrested in meeting, the best way is keep your HOP updated.
Kidd and Jim got the HOP going for us to use. I do not know of another forum that uses this feature. I enjoy looking at the HOP map to see where our group is located and if someone is in the area that I am planning to go.

We plan to head south in February and go to the April Rally, then south to the RGV.
Look forward to seeing you on the road.
Travel Safe and God Bless you all.
BC

irvin56

I've tried and still sit in the middle of ocean

And I don't even own a BOAT:confused::confused:

I've printed your post from 21st ,bobcat.
I will try again

I gave up trying after 5 times . And I may assume that this has happen to others ???

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I've printed your post from 21st ,bobcat.
I will try again. I gave up trying after 5 times . And I may assume that this has happen to others ???

Irvin56..
Looks like you did good. You are shown in Calgary Canada..
I still go to the HOP and find where I have moved to by just drilling down until I find where I am located. Look to the right and copy the Lat & Long to the Notepad.
Then I click on the [Your Entry] and then enter the information in the Location Title, Marker Text, Latitude, and Longitude.
Remember.. the Longitude is always a minus (-) number like this -96.593363285065 for my location.

We are still outside of Melissa, TX north of Dallas & McKinney, TX.

davelinde

I used google maps, if you get an account (free) you can go to "my maps" and there's an add on tool called position finder. That gives you a lat/long with 14 digits after the decimal, I cut/paste that.

For the picture I just needed a URL to a picture - it was very easy to add. Mine is current.

dtvista

I just assumed that this was our home position. Looking at the map most of the points are at home. Good idea to have a mobile locater. It would be even better if more owners would go and put their locations on the map.