window treatment screws pulling out

acro2eaa

One of the many problems i'm having with my Heartland Cyclone trailer is the screws used for various things pulling out of the cardboard walls. Specifically, the screws holding the window treatments on. The particularly bothersome ones are the ones holding the tension cords for the pleated shades. Anybody come up with a descent fix for this. I was thinking maybe pmpgin a bunch of epoxy in the holes with a large syringe, then putting the screw in. Ideally id do it while the epoxy is setting, but the tension on the screw won't allow that.
Any ideas appreciated.

sam

wdk450

One of these drywall screw anchors has been my fix, especially in stuff that carries a big load like the stairs handrails:
metal wall anchor.jpg The larger bite area of the anchor does better in the thin wallboard. Get these as short as you can.

Gary521

One of the many problems i'm having with my Heartland Cyclone trailer is the screws used for various things pulling out of the cardboard walls. Specifically, the screws holding the window treatments on. The particularly bothersome ones are the ones holding the tension cords for the pleated shades. Anybody come up with a descent fix for this. I was thinking maybe pmpgin a bunch of epoxy in the holes with a large syringe, then putting the screw in. Ideally id do it while the epoxy is setting, but the tension on the screw won't allow that.
Any ideas appreciated.

sam
The walls are Luan which is maybe less than 1/8" in thickness. I would try the wall anchors that wdk450 suggested.

D_BTravelers

I also moved the screw slightly and the old hole did not show. It did not pull out again so I figured the original installer with the drill/driver tightened the screw up and stripped the wood. If it pulls out again I would go with the suggested drywall anchors made for 1/8" thick material. The big box stores have lots of choices.

rhodies1

Any ideas appreciated.

Go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and ask a salesperson for the plastic gyproc plugs,get the ones that screw in the wall.You will need to shorten them a little.

These are used in gyproc to hang pictures,they do work in the flimsy walls in the trailers as well.

MTPockets

I’ve used wood toothpicks in the hole, then reinstall the screws...

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking maybe pmpgin a bunch of epoxy in the holes with a large syringe, then putting the screw in. Ideally id do it while the epoxy is setting,

sam
This would be a bad idea because you may one day have to restring a blind and that screw will have to come out to do it.

Peace
Dave