3950 Rear Bathroom Water

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
OK, so when I am boondocking, how do I get more than a dribble of water to come out of the rear bathroom faucets? The pump appears to not be able to keep up? What is up with this?

Thanks,

FJ

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I would think that the distance from the pump shouldn't make any difference. A couple questions for you. When you open the faucet in the rear, does the pump run continuously? If it does, the first thing I would check for is a restriction in the line from the fresh water tank to the pump. If the pump turns on and off (cycles) you may have a restriction in the faucet. Another thing that helps these fresh water systems is the addition of a pressure tank. I think the smallest reasonably priced tank available is 2 gallons. It can be "tee'd" in anywhere you have room for it near a cold water line. This really helps maintain water pressure and the pump won't quick cycle it will run for a while, shut off till pressure drops then run again to build pressure. Go the the shur-flo site and there is a lot of info on the pumps and how they can be adjusted if necessary. Good Luck. I hope this helps.

JimandSina

My 3950 has very good water pressure in the rear section including to the Washer/Dryer when boondocking the pump does run a good bit to provide that, but, the pressure is steady and strong, if your's does not than I would get it in for a warranty look, good luck.
Jim