FWIW....new Fords

NYSUPstater

In the course of my work travels, have seen a LOT of new Ford super duty's lately. Not aware of any incentives from Ford, but man just a lot of them recently. I'd be one of them as well if current SD sold or was offered a good price from dealer---don't want to give it away.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have transferred from 50 years as a GM fan over to FORD and LOVE IT. The 2017 F350 Platinum is absolutely incredible.
I have 36000 miles on it already in just over a year. It perfect in every way. Now to limit the miles on the F350 I sold my Rubicon Jeep and bought a 2018 F150 platinum for a daily driver and love it even more!! Then I sold the wife's Yukon Denali and bought the all new 2018 Expedition platinum. We ordered it in Dec and after a 5 month wait it finally came in last Friday.
So I guess you could say I'm a big FORD fan now.

288c1e81153d4f21f8d1d56e56ebb5be.jpg

4600b7be18240f8e680510c90886df22.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Also at the time we ordered the car Ford was offering $2000 to come over to ford from a different brand. Luckily that was locked it at the time of order because they are not offering it right now.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We bought our's during Ford's truck month when they had a couple of incentives. I sold our '08 for top retail and the buyer was excited to get it. This is our first dually and will be towing the BH to the SE regional rally next week. I have really enjoyed driving the 3000+ miles breaking it in. So much torque in this new model, I can't wait to tow with it.

pegmikef

Also at the time we ordered the car Ford was offering $2000 to come over to ford from a different brand. Luckily that was locked it at the time of order because they are not offering it right now.

I always finance a small part of Fords with ford motor credit corp because they always offer an incentive (last one was $1250). I think 10K is the minimum you have to finance and you can pay it off after the third payment. You make a little over 1 k. We, too, have a Ford Truck and an Expedition plus a Ford Taurus.

NYSUPstater

I have transferred from 50 years as a GM fan over to FORD and LOVE IT. The 2017 F350 Platinum is absolutely incredible.
I have 36000 miles on it already in just over a year. It perfect in every way. Now to limit the miles on the F350 I sold my Rubicon Jeep and bought a 2018 F150 platinum for a daily driver and love it even more!! Then I sold the wife's Yukon Denali and bought the all new 2018 Expedition platinum. We ordered it in Dec and after a 5 month wait it finally came in last Friday.
So I guess you could say I'm a big FORD fan now.

288c1e81153d4f21f8d1d56e56ebb5be.jpg

4600b7be18240f8e680510c90886df22.jpg

Very Nice !!

jbeletti

Love all your Fords Jerrod. Like to take a ride in your F150 or your Expedition next time I see you guys.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim I chipped the F150 and man it's fun to drive !!!!! That EcoBoost motor is unreal.
See you in Jackson.

rblack222

I trade my 2000 F350 dually on a 2016 3500HD dually. I don’t understand why someone would go backwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

Love my '15 F350 dually. Bought it with 38k and now over 60. Runs like a champ, tows the LM like a beast and is my daily driver when we're in NorCal for the winter.

CarterKraft

Okay, I'm gullible. Why?

As far as features and the standard equipment included in the Ford SD platform comparing a 17+ to a 16 GM is not really fair.

These are a few of my must haves.
Camera packages
Trailer TPMS
Fuel tank size
keypad entry
stupid DEF tank location on the GM
SYNC

CDN

B and B
Large Ford family here. I have a F350 2016 SRW daily driver. DW has a 2013 AWD Edge. I had a 2014 F 250 Extended Cab as well.

I have owned 6 F 150's through the years, E350, Club Wagon, 86 Bronco 2, 83 Ranger, E150.

NYSUPstater

As far as features and the standard equipment included in the Ford SD platform comparing a 17+ to a 16 GM is not really fair.

These are a few of my must haves.
Camera packages
Trailer TPMS
Fuel tank size
keypad entry
stupid DEF tank location on the GM
SYNC

Looked at a '17 F350 today and if all goes well (read DW's ----and NOT Darrel Waltrip blessing), may end up w/ it. IMO, it was ordered pretty much way I would have ordered it. Had some creature comforts, but not totally loaded. Was a XLT and had more/less what I'd like and based on the list here had 3 things on it which is ok w/ me. B/U cam, 48 gallon fuel tank and keyless entry. For radio, I can live w/ AM/Fm/Satellite. Cams are nice until they go down or get whacked. Old school on TPMS so not totally sold on them. Being computer illiterate, either not knowing or having SYNC is no big loss. I will agree tho that GM's DEF tank location is a PITA and looks horrible from side view. But all in all, it's what you want or like. Sure all the goodies are nice (have had 'em before), but kinda like the KISS system.

rblack222

Looked at a '17 F350 today and if all goes well (read DW's ----and NOT Darrel Waltrip blessing), may end up w/ it. IMO, it was ordered pretty much way I would have ordered it. Had some creature comforts, but not totally loaded. Was a XLT and had more/less what I'd like and based on the list here had 3 things on it which is ok w/ me. B/U cam, 48 gallon fuel tank and keyless entry. For radio, I can live w/ AM/Fm/Satellite. Cams are nice until they go down or get whacked. Old school on TPMS so not totally sold on them. Being computer illiterate, either not knowing or having SYNC is no big loss. I will agree tho that GM's DEF tank location is a PITA and looks horrible from side view. But all in all, it's what you want or like. Sure all the goodies are nice (have had 'em before), but kinda like the KISS system.

That’s the only thing bugging me, that **** DEF tank. So retarded. Pretty sure the engineer designers are very highly paid or at least enough not to come up with that bone headed location.

dave10a

Ford made a great marketing decision when they went "in-house" with the diesel engine and transmission. That way they can adapt to market conditions much faster. The aluminum body allowed Ford to beef up the frame and suspension components as well. In fact it appears as though the new F350SRW can pull a new Landmark because of the increased towing capability with those improvements.

Chippendale

One would think that with as many Super Duty's being sold to RVers Ford would get their programmer to tweak the software in their GPS navigation system to warn us of low underpasses, weak bridges and other obstacles in the road. It couldn't be that big a thing, other GPS systems have it. If they were to do that, it would probably cause my 2015 F350 DRW to disintegrate in the driveway so I would have to break down and buy one.