counter top material

JamesL73

Could someone tell me the material used for the kitchen counter tops in a 2017 Bighorn?

Should be the same as my ‘18 Elkridge. I was curious about it too and it’s made by Hi-Macs which is owned by LG. I pulled this from the website. .... {{HI-MACS is an outstanding solid surface material. A delicate composition of acrylic, minerals and natural pigments that combine to create a smooth,
non porous, thermoformable and visually seamless surface.}} I have drilled through it behind my tv to run cables and it is pretty much a hard plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

what did you use and how did you do it- I want to add some of the pop-up power towers on island , by couch and on main counter rather than having to use plugs above

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Could someone tell me the material used for the kitchen counter tops in a 2017 Bighorn?

Composite similar to Corian (brand name for solid surface composite material)

JamesL73

what did you use and how did you do it- I want to add some of the pop-up power towers on island , by couch and on main counter rather than having to use plugs above

If you mean what tools, I just used a regular spade bit. I already had drilled two holes through the wood (running coax cable) so I just used the same bit to go through the countertop behind my tv. It’s the same material on all my counters throughout the rv. It actually drills a rather smooth hole, better than the wood holes, but it does create a good amount of shavings but it vacuums up easily.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Sharp hole saw for an electric/battery operated drill

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would go with a good hole saw with a pilot bit rather than a spade bit. Start it out slow to begin biting into the counter top and then speed it up.

Bogie

I would go with a good hole saw with a pilot bit rather than a spade bit. Start it out slow to begin biting into the counter top and then speed it up.

What John said X2. A spade bit has a much higher probability of chipping a out chunks of material.