Icemaker Winterize Instruction

In Dometic winterization instructions, my manual and also an RV repair facility technician told me that I should disconnect the water line to the icemaker at the solenoid valve in the outside frig access panel, then unplug the electric leads to the valve and apply 120V to the valve - FOR NOT MORE THAN 20 SECONDS.

Just how do you apply this 120 volts?? I assume this suggests plugging in a 120v lead that has loose ends on it and try to hit the two leads - without killing yourself. Or am I out of wack trying to understand this process??

Jack

nhunter

The way I have winterized mine the last three years is to hook up antifreeze and turn on pump. Push lever on icemaker to on (down on mine). Pull off the front cover on icemaker and insert flat head screwdriver into small gear. Slowly turn gear (this manually cycles the ice maker) until you are satisfied with the antifreeze coming out out the icemaker. I imagine this same technique can be applied if you just use air to blow out your system as well, but don't quote me on that one.