First post...first question....

bobsue2

Great site....we've had our trailer for a month now....had it out a couple of times and really enjoy it...got of couple of minor issues for warranty whenever we get a chance to drop it off.....now to the question..

Tried doing a search but I guess I need more posts here for it to be activated...this weekend while moving the furniture...accidentally knocked off the plastic bushing that holds the draw strings for the blinds...this bushing is attached to the wall by a machine/wood screw.....how do I repair the wall so the screw can be reattached...is this like repairing drywall?? Not sure what the wall material is......thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobsue2, depending on how much damage was done to the screw hole you could use wood glue and a wooden match to repair it. Put some glue on the match, stick it in the hole, let the glue dry, break off the excess and reinstall the screw. Another fix could be a molly fastener. The walls are thin plywood. I used molly fasteners the install bathroom towel racks and TP holder. They work great. Bob:D:D:eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
bobsue2, The response from Bob & Patty was right on. I was going to suggest a toothpick to do the same thing. As a side note, on our trailer, several of those bushings were not lined up directly under the shade where they should be. I just drilled a smaller hole and re-attached as needed. I then used colored wood putty to fill the vacant hole. Those bushings are used to adjust tension on the blind strings. they should have just enough tension so the the blind stays in place. Too much tension will cause the cord to wear and break prematurely. By the way, welcome to the Heartland family and forum. There is a lot of good information here. Don't get discouraged if you see lots of posts with problems. Thats what the forum is for, owners helping each other.

bobsue2

Ok...now that I know what I'm dealing with I can take it from here....thanks for the quick replys .......