PDA

View Full Version : General Discussion Thread for RV Water Filter Store

jbeletti
04-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Please use this thread to discuss RV Water Filter Store (RVWFS), ask questions and share your RVWFS transactional experiences.

'Lil Guy'
04-13-2018, 04:09 PM
Great one stop site for all of your water filter needs including quality quick connects, In depth explanations for all products including recommended setups. If you're unsure of the water treatment system you want, visit the site and study the options.

jbeletti
04-13-2018, 04:16 PM
I agree with you Frank!

Dave and Tracey bought the company from Rick just short of 2 years ago. When Rick owned it, I bought a LOT of stuff from them as it was a one-stop-shop.

Rick's website was rough but his knowledge ran deep. Dave and Tracey has redone the website and it's very comprehensive and easier to navigate and purchase from.

One of my very favorite things they sell is high quality drinking hoses. I always get them with the stainless steel fittings as it's so worth the incremental cost. These hoses last MANY years. I also buy them in 35 foot lengths (about $87). This was a tip from TXBobcat many, many years ago. At 35 feet, I rarely ever have to add to it. And wrestling a 50 foot high quality hose is way too much work at every setup.

Niles
04-13-2018, 06:45 PM
I agree about the hoses, we'll never have anymore wal-mart specials. However I went a little different on lengths, got a 25ft, 15 and a 10, that way I have a 50 foot total and can use the shorter ones when handy. Surprisingly enough I use the 10 footer the most. So two thumbs up for these folks,good quality and good service with reasonable prices.

JohnDar
04-13-2018, 06:49 PM
Been using their products since Day 1. High quality, fair prices, and fast delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827
04-14-2018, 04:42 AM
I agree about the hoses, we'll never have anymore wal-mart specials. However I went a little different on lengths, got a 25ft, 15 and a 10, that way I have a 50 foot total and can use the shorter ones when handy. Surprisingly enough I use the 10 footer the most. So two thumbs up for these folks,good quality and good service with reasonable prices.
That's the sizes that I ordered. Very seldom need the 25' hose. Excellent quality.
Don

porthole
04-14-2018, 07:13 AM
Please use this thread to discuss RV Water Filter Store (RVWFS), ask questions and share your RVWFS transactional experiences.

What no link on the main post :eek:

jassson007
04-14-2018, 08:36 AM
I use them for all my filters. Have not ordered any hoses as I have had pretty good luck with ones I have. Right now at our home park I use two 10’ hoses, one to my filter/softener setup and one to my udc. Just enough. I also carry a 25’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti
04-14-2018, 09:23 AM
What no link on the main post :eek: Good point Duane - fixed :)

JohnDar
04-14-2018, 10:25 AM
My main hose to the filters is a 50ft’er. I coil the excess on a stand to keep it out of the dirt. I use a shorter one from the filter box under the kitchen slide to the UDC.

At the last Goshen rally we attended (2013) we needed a good part of that 50 ft.

For transit/storage, all of my hoses, filters and accessories fit in the large filter tote.

'Lil Guy'
07-24-2018, 06:28 PM
Just purchased a 16K water softener for my rig. If I run from outside water supply to water softener, then to sediment filter, then to charcoal canister, to pressure gage and then to RV, would this be the correct sequence? I have the double filter system now and hate to separate them to filter before the water softener. Is this necessary? Thanks in advance

BTW, I have the standard filters. Would the Jumbo canisters provide better water pressure?

travelin2
07-24-2018, 07:13 PM
I filter the water PRIOR to the softener. IMO the softener is to soften the water not be a sediment filter

'Lil Guy'
07-24-2018, 08:07 PM
I filter the water PRIOR to the softener. IMO the softener is to soften the water not be a sediment filter

That makes sense and would be easy. Thanks.

Ask-Dave
07-24-2018, 08:19 PM
That makes sense and would be easy. Thanks.

I agree, by the way... Putting the filters first will keep the sediment and chemicals out of the softener, extending the life of the resin. The only reason I would consider putting the water softener first would be if the calcium and magnesium were causing scaling on the filter canisters or inside the canisters. But even if this happened, you can clean the canisters a lot easier than cleaning the water softener resin.

travelin2
07-24-2018, 08:21 PM
BTW-There was no noticeable change (reduction) in water flow or pressure when we added the softener to our water setup.

Fox
07-25-2018, 11:05 AM
I'm still not finding the link so I googled the name; is this the correct site:

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

Kathi-27
07-25-2018, 01:05 PM

that's where we get are stuff from.

Fox
07-25-2018, 01:15 PM
Then I'll save the link, thank you.
Once I get to know my new BigHorn I may need a filter for the fridge/ ice maker (we don't drink it so don't need a whole house unit).

Ask-Dave
07-25-2018, 02:07 PM

Yes, this is the correct link... please don't hesitate to call me if you have any questions at 602-625-1875 or you can CONTACT US (https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/CTUS.htm) at this link if you would prefer to send a direct email.

Kathi-27
07-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Then I'll save the link, thank you.
Once I get to know my new BigHorn I may need a filter for the fridge/ ice maker (we don't drink it so don't need a whole house unit).
I suggest a 2 canister over the camco inline. there is really no restriction with the 2 canister as there is with the camco inline. the 2 canister will last longer and is cheaper when cartridge needs replaced 4-5 dollars compared to 10 dollars and last twice as long also helps keep water system clean

Shortest Straw
07-26-2018, 11:29 AM
I suggest a 2 canister over the camco inline. there is really no restriction with the 2 canister as there is with the camco inline. the 2 canister will last longer and is cheaper when cartridge needs replaced 4-5 dollars compared to 10 dollars and last twice as long also helps keep water system clean

There are restrictions in water flow with the dual canister system. It is designed to flow with 60 psi. Anything less and the flow is restricted. I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve.

Ask-Dave
07-26-2018, 12:30 PM
There are restrictions in water flow with the dual canister system. It is designed to flow with 60 psi. Anything less and the flow is restricted. I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve.

That is absolutely true. Balancing good flow with good filtration is the goal for all of us. What I do to mitigate low pressure coming from the spigot is to fill my fresh water tank with filtered water so that, if I have poor flow, I can still get a good shower by turning on the RV pump. If low pressure becomes a constant irritant, you can choose to filter less sediment and let the cysts (giardia and cryptosporidium) through, which is not a problem if you know these pathogens aren't in the water.

Kathi-27
07-26-2018, 01:32 PM
There are restrictions in water flow with the dual canister system. It is designed to flow with 60 psi. Anything less and the flow is restricted. I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve. I should have said a lot less restriction. sorry. you are right there is some restriction more when press is low. but know where near what the camco inline has.

Fox
07-26-2018, 08:16 PM
"I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve."

I spent some time (last evening) browsing that site and the above ID'd problem is exactly what I was thinking about. Lots of twists and turns in that confined area can't be good for water flow.

cjb2283
07-27-2018, 10:16 AM
Just bought and received 2 quarts of Purogene. Discount, order, and delivery was easy and on time. Package arrived very well packed. I also got some citric acid for an initial 'shock'. Not only do I have my TT but my family uses reusable 5 gallon jugs of water in the house. Both of my jugs show signs of 'the green stuff' on the inside. I am going to treat each and do a before and after photo once one of the bottles empty. Can't wait to see the results.

'Lil Guy'
07-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Just received my 16K water softener and man, it's bigger than expected. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just looks huge sitting on the porch.lol Should last awhile on a single charge.

travelin2
07-28-2018, 06:02 AM
Just received my 16K water softener and man, it's bigger than expected. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just looks huge sitting on the porch.lol Should last awhile on a single charge.

I bought the 8K for its smaller size. But that Texas water y’all have down there is HARD!
Do a regen about every 3 weeks while we’re Winter Texans [emoji14]

cjb2283
07-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Well, as promised, shocked/sanitized my in home water dispenser. First two pics are gross...this is the point where you feel embarrassed to take them into the store to refill them. The next two pics are after treatment with purogene and citric acid. Worked as advertised! All the ‘green’ is gone and even smells clean. I can only assume the inside of my water dispenser looked the same before but now is squeaky clean. Time will tell if the continual purogene only treatments will keep it nice and fresh. I’m sure it will. Now to do the trailer...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/2ed4e3df7512b21dc4ced974d65aaecb.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/e45471ada737539a32bc4c97d67d87b6.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/865aadf40521c7044938aa3876b96472.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180731/ca20b9824cb95cd1530f999af49e1c0c.jpg

'Lil Guy'
07-31-2018, 12:49 PM
I bought the 8K for its smaller size. But that Texas water y’all have down there is HARD!
Do a regen about every 3 weeks while we’re Winter Texans [emoji14]

I returned the 16K unit for the 8K due to size and weight. I think it'll do just fine.

Ask-Dave
07-31-2018, 01:02 PM
Thanks for Sharing Pictures of your water bottles ! It is not too often that you can see the inside of your tank!

cjb2283
03-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Did the discount code go away for the RV Water Filter Store?

cookie
03-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Did the discount code go away for the RV Water Filter Store?
See post #3 HERE (https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/71040-RV-Water-Filter-Store-HOC-Member-Specials).

Peace
Dave

cjb2283
03-11-2019, 09:10 AM
See post #3 HERE (https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/71040-RV-Water-Filter-Store-HOC-Member-Specials).

Peace
Dave

Thank you sir!