General Discussion Thread for RV Water Filter Store

jbeletti

Please use this thread to discuss RV Water Filter Store (RVWFS), ask questions and share your RVWFS transactional experiences.

'Lil Guy'

Great one stop site for all of your water filter needs including quality quick connects, In depth explanations for all products including recommended setups. If you're unsure of the water treatment system you want, visit the site and study the options.

jbeletti

I agree with you Frank!

Dave and Tracey bought the company from Rick just short of 2 years ago. When Rick owned it, I bought a LOT of stuff from them as it was a one-stop-shop.

Rick's website was rough but his knowledge ran deep. Dave and Tracey has redone the website and it's very comprehensive and easier to navigate and purchase from.

One of my very favorite things they sell is high quality drinking hoses. I always get them with the stainless steel fittings as it's so worth the incremental cost. These hoses last MANY years. I also buy them in 35 foot lengths (about $87). This was a tip from TXBobcat many, many years ago. At 35 feet, I rarely ever have to add to it. And wrestling a 50 foot high quality hose is way too much work at every setup.
hoses-2-SS.jpg

Niles

I agree about the hoses, we'll never have anymore wal-mart specials. However I went a little different on lengths, got a 25ft, 15 and a 10, that way I have a 50 foot total and can use the shorter ones when handy. Surprisingly enough I use the 10 footer the most. So two thumbs up for these folks,good quality and good service with reasonable prices.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Been using their products since Day 1. High quality, fair prices, and fast delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827

I agree about the hoses, we'll never have anymore wal-mart specials. However I went a little different on lengths, got a 25ft, 15 and a 10, that way I have a 50 foot total and can use the shorter ones when handy. Surprisingly enough I use the 10 footer the most. So two thumbs up for these folks,good quality and good service with reasonable prices.
That's the sizes that I ordered. Very seldom need the 25' hose. Excellent quality.
Don

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use them for all my filters. Have not ordered any hoses as I have had pretty good luck with ones I have. Right now at our home park I use two 10’ hoses, one to my filter/softener setup and one to my udc. Just enough. I also carry a 25’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My main hose to the filters is a 50ft’er. I coil the excess on a stand to keep it out of the dirt. I use a shorter one from the filter box under the kitchen slide to the UDC.

At the last Goshen rally we attended (2013) we needed a good part of that 50 ft.

For transit/storage, all of my hoses, filters and accessories fit in the large filter tote.

'Lil Guy'

Just purchased a 16K water softener for my rig. If I run from outside water supply to water softener, then to sediment filter, then to charcoal canister, to pressure gage and then to RV, would this be the correct sequence? I have the double filter system now and hate to separate them to filter before the water softener. Is this necessary? Thanks in advance

BTW, I have the standard filters. Would the Jumbo canisters provide better water pressure?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I filter the water PRIOR to the softener. IMO the softener is to soften the water not be a sediment filter

Ask-Dave

That makes sense and would be easy. Thanks.

I agree, by the way... Putting the filters first will keep the sediment and chemicals out of the softener, extending the life of the resin. The only reason I would consider putting the water softener first would be if the calcium and magnesium were causing scaling on the filter canisters or inside the canisters. But even if this happened, you can clean the canisters a lot easier than cleaning the water softener resin.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
BTW-There was no noticeable change (reduction) in water flow or pressure when we added the softener to our water setup.

Fox

Then I'll save the link, thank you.
Once I get to know my new BigHorn I may need a filter for the fridge/ ice maker (we don't drink it so don't need a whole house unit).

Kathi-27

Then I'll save the link, thank you.
Once I get to know my new BigHorn I may need a filter for the fridge/ ice maker (we don't drink it so don't need a whole house unit).
I suggest a 2 canister over the camco inline. there is really no restriction with the 2 canister as there is with the camco inline. the 2 canister will last longer and is cheaper when cartridge needs replaced 4-5 dollars compared to 10 dollars and last twice as long also helps keep water system clean