Leak at Fresh Water Connection

No matter how tight I make the connection, the city water hose to fresh water entry connection continually leaks. The rubber gasket is in tact so at a loss on how to get it to stop dripping.

SNOKING

No matter how tight I make the connection, the city water hose to fresh water entry connection continually leaks. The rubber gasket is in tact so at a loss on how to get it to stop dripping.

What does the end of your hose look like. The stamped metal ones can get dented in causing a leak. Have you tried another hose? Have you removed the gasket and looked at the fitting to see if it is cracked?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Is it leaking inside or outside?

If it is outside it is probably as SNOKING said...the hose connection.

Especially those cheapie Camco white hoses from WallyWorld or Camping World (I know...I have three of them).

Or it could be the city water inlet connection...

I recently had an inside leak on mine and I had to replace the hose on the back side of the city water inlet, and the water inlet as well.

Funny thing was that I was at an RV park in RV'ing heaven near Denver...

There were at least 10 dealerships with parts departments, most within walking distance...

Yet not a one carried that hose!

I wound up going to an Ace Hardware to get it...

If that is the case, make sure you take that hose with you and try it on one of their fitting thingies they have in the hardware department, then try the new hose to make sure both ends are compatible!

As for the outside city water inlet, I replaced the cheap plastic one with a much nicer (and more expensive - $40) brass connection!

TedS

Add a second rubber washer. The inlet nut may be bottoming against the hose fitting shoulder and not allowing the fitting to seat and seal.

MTPockets

First, always get the white water hose with solid brass ends, or solid stainless steel. No pressed metal ends. Second, I had a 3 Ft long hose that I connected to my water inlet and left it there permanently. The other end of my short hose I installed a solid bronze quick disconnect (From ACE Hardware) which made hooking up very easy and reliable.